KGC?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
mdog: Here are the measurements between the points north and south and between each tree point as well. And from the a tree to the animal symbol and to the boulder (note: the boulder to me appears to be placed and not natural as the boulder stands tall and has rough corners). Also from the animal symbol to the boulder. Thanks for that map! The road was definitely there in that map. Please be aware that the gps locations captured were via a phone app, so the points may be several feet if not more from where they really were.

I see what you all are saying about the 13. That's very interesting. Is it just me or does the distance and degree from the A tree to the boulder seem to be very close to being a total of 13 for both. I will definitely measure the symbols in the next couple of weeks as long as everything works out.

Thanks again for all your help!

View attachment 1690551

Here's some math I want to point out. In my post #21, I showed the measurements of four letters inside a carved box. The two letters on the left measured 13 inches each. The letters on the right measured 19" and 18". Here's what you get when you add up the feet between the trees on your layout. The first six measurements are 250'+188'+186'+201'+385'+135'=1345'. Add 1+3+4+5=13. Now go to your triangle and you have 766'+160''+657'=1583'. Ok, 1+5+8+3=17. To get another 13, we subtract the totals of the trees and the triangle, 1583-1345=238. Then you add 2+3+8=13. So the trees and the triangle give you two 13's. The measurements from the boulders are 766' and 657'. The 766 gives you 19 and the 657 gives you 18. It seems that the same group that laid out my spot laid out yours.

It's late and my brain is tired so please double check me.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
If you start digging around that tombstone rock be real careful and remember what Franklin said about death traps. There might be a reason it's shaped like a tombstone.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
mdog: From what I remember, it came close to the top of my shoulders. I will definitely get those measurements the next time I go. I have searched online extensively, but have found nothing related to it. I have not gone to the county courthouse to look for any documents related to the site. What types of documents would be best researched to find that kind of information? Thanks!

Bad Pupply: I will definitely be on the lookout for that. Thanks!

The boulder and the area around it is going to get a lot of attention the next time I'm there.

Check that resource Bad Puppy gave you. I've used it when Sdcfia posted it and I found the original survey notes for my county. Those notes showed most of the old trails. If you can't find your survey notes, you might ask the county engineer if he has them. Also, you might try some online historical atlases for your county. You might also try an online search for treasure legends in your county.

Last edited:

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I remember you; great to "see" you again!

Hi Reb
ya guys been doing good I see ,

Hi Crosse , These Vaults a bit tough to crack , Good idea to warn about those Death Traps ,

I love the Mule Shoe signs he's finding ,

isn't it funny , how these people got all across this country .
and the Ancient Order came across Oceans , whew , Long Journey .

if ya guys need some help ( I think you got it covered ) on any of the Strike Marks , ya welcome to PM me .

Ok , on the stone slab , I'd carry a spray bottle with water in it , sorta mist the surface as you inspect it .

sometimes the Glyphs are hard to see , wet , they stand out sometimes .

I'll post a pic of a wet one I just visited . got to go find it first ,

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my Pic ,

ok , Red Circle shows a Shadow Symbol after I sprayed it with Water , ( Dark area , Like Finger Grooves)
the glyph is carved into stone as you see .

My Knee is right on top of the Deposit that the Glyph is Marking ,
I did not dig it up , I dug to it , then filled it back in .

it was only about two feet down .

Note the Ceiling of this Cave , That was actually the Back wall of the Cave , but the support was Triggered .

Where you once could stand , you now have to lay on your Tummy .

Dead Fall Death Trap .

So the Guys here have good info , Reb , Mdog, all of them .

The Pic is from the " El Chato " Bandit Caches in the Cookes Range of N.M.

Lot of Treasure Caches still intact out there .

If your Cache or Site is KGC , it's worth the Effort just to discover a part of History that was Secret to most .

Good Luck with it , and enjoy the Fun of the Chase , it's a great way to spend Life .

El Chato Script 062.JPG

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This can Help , I posted the 3D Heart symbol , Be mindful that the smaller the Symbol , the closer you are to the Cache .

Past that 3D Heart , I came to this Tiny Heart with the Arrow pointing Directly at the Silver Bar Cache .

So , we can see from this shot , that it is very easy to miss a Marker , Sdcfia has roamed this same site , if I'm right ,
I think he and his Team may have missed this Important Glyph .

He can chime in on that .

The Cache for this Glyph is still insitu . ( for now )

so watch very closely , any Boulder out there may have the final Message to the Cache .

Wishing you very good luck on the Journey .
Rog'

Heart Symbol to Silver Bars.JPG

OP
OP
C

chc1023

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bad Puppy: Thanks for the website, but unfortunately there was nothing on it about my site. I will definitely be checking out the boulder and around it very thoroughly the next time I go with spray bottle, digging tool, and metal detector in hand. Thanks for your posts! Great Info!

mdog: That's awesome that you figured that out! That's amazingly similar. I'm very excited to check out the site again especially knowing an area to concentrate on. The boulder and all around it will be getting a lot of attention. I will definitely check out local sources and the web again for more information. Thanks for all of your help and posts!

I hope I find something the next time I go that I can post back that will help get it to the next step. I will definitely be careful and will hopefully be back soon with more info. Thanks again!

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK. MAY be a "SUN SIGN"...

Ha ha , yes , Sun Sign , sorry , I meant Sun Sign , but I use J. Frank Dobie's Term " Shadow Symbol "

I think because of his readership being more familiar with that Term .
'
Thank you Reb for the correction .
Rog

Bad Puppy

Feb 23, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi 1023

You have some Great Scholars with Reb and Mdog , et al .

Good hands , and generous people , Knowledge is precious .

I love their giving , I resect them .

if a Cache is on your site , the info they give , adds greatly to the Prospect of Success .
Rog'

OP
OP
C

chc1023

Feb 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All! Sorry for the very late response. I have not been able to make it back out to the site yet. My life has taken a very unexpected twist and I think it will at least be another couple of months before I can. I have gone back through all the pictures I took of the site today as some were before I made a correlation between the tree markers. I added 2 pictures to the previous map with descriptions that I could not decide if they occurred naturally because of their position on the rocks themselves. Their position may not be exact as it was a long time since I had last seen them, but I'm pretty sure they are close. I think they are man made and you may call me an idiot for even thinking they were natural. Please let me know your thoughts. As always, thanks for your help!

TreeLayouts.gif

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found this thread, it was a lot of excellent information
that I could use personally! Look around the creek for any sand bars, where it washed from the hill, that maybe was covering a treasure! It's all skill! Have you already recovered a treasure?

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all your 13, just got to be a treasure close, and the heart! The three turns into a heart, the heart turns into a hoot owl , standing on the (1) which is the branch!

Apr 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anybody doesn't already know, on the dollar bill a hoot owl is in the top right hand corner watching! You do have to look very closely!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread