kickin my own butt every day!!

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
kickin' my own butt every day!!

sad story here, i mostly hunt arrowheads, might metal detect 2 or 3 times a year. anyway it was around 1987 or 1986, i was looking for artifacts in a moleboard plowed field when i saw something shinny far up ahead, thought it was a coin and when i got to it there was no mistake.it had rained the night before so everything was nice and clean. i could see the date right away and my heart was flat out,it was a 1795 half dollar and in excellant condition on both sides, i mean every detail, the lettering around the edge was perfect and no dents or scuffs. the only problem-- a small hole between the 7 and the 9, but the hole did'nt take out any of the #s. well that was my prise for a few years, i loved that coin, loked at it everyday.-- probably about the mid 90's i needed money, so i took it to a coin dealer, he said he'd give me 20 bucks,and i said no! there was a customer in the shop who looked it over and said he needed that year for his .50 cent collection and he offered me $75. i said yes. never saw it again, never saw that man again. and that's the sad story that i have to live with.

Upvote 0
Jul 11, 2008
Neosho,Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac ,Tesoro cibola
Re: kickin' my own butt every day!!

Sorry to hear you had to sell it,it would be worth 650.00 today in G4 cond.
a lot of us have gotten rid of things in the past,we wish we had back.
i had three early Camaros,two 69's and a 68.one of the 69's was a z-28.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sad story indeed. I think we all have a similar story. Maybe another will cross your path.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't beat yourself up over this. . . you had priorities and at the time,
you felt that you made the right decision.

Remember, there were close to 300,000 of those minted. . . and lightning can strike twice :wink:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yep i lost some nice gold one time that way... Mr tuff

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What I do is buy lots of things I don't really need so if that time comes the first thing I grab doesn't have to be a find. :laughing7:

I also can think of a few choices I made that weren't so good, but heck in the end it's still just a chunk of metal.

Nighthunter

Jun 10, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

Heard an old saying once,
"Never regret anything you've done, for at the time it happened you thought it was a good decision". :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions