Killer B's headphones not working with Etrac

I had an Etrac and Killer B's, they worked great. I now use them on my CTX, which KB's do you have? Try and plug the phones into another device if you have something with a 1/4" jack.

Hey folks I just got an Etrac and tried to plug my 1/4 inch jack into the Etrac and nada. No sound coming out. Headphones were turned on with switch but no sound. Unplug them I get sound. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0717.JPG

This model.. not sure which one it is. I used them yesterday with my f70 worked fine.

Sounds like you 1/4" on your Etrac is toast.

Did you try flipping the toggle on the headphones?

Yes did that still nothing. And I pulled back the runner flap to see if it will go deeper still nothing :(

are you sure the toggle(s) are set right ?

On my Black Widows I had to Mark them

DSCF0005.JPG

also I found if I do not Unplug my Blacks after each Use, I have problems the Next hunt.
Not sure if any of this applies

Do any other of your headphones work in the E-trac?

I'm going to buy some and try them. Bad news is it's the jack it's probably North of $200 to fix $75 and hour racks up quick!

I'd buy a new plug or jack and try a DIY. It's not that big of a deal. Prob 3 wires to solder... $25 at the most if you have to buy solder gun...

I have the Killer B's entry level one, single volume control and compatibility flip switch.

It initially worked on my CTX, but then quit - regardless of the flip switch position. So, I hooked it up to my 1265X where it always works. Thus I'm still running the stock headphones with my CTX.

I'm hoping I can get a cheap set of headphones at Best Buy and maybe an adapter that will work.

Figured it out! The guy I bought it from was super nice and met me again to help me out. His whites head phones worked. He put mine one and pulling the switch up and jacked up the volume it worked!!

Soooo.. up is off for the fisher and up is on for the minelab??? No clue about that!

So it was the toggle in the wrong position? Glad they work! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back