Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm an American of Scottish ancestry--and I sometimes wear the kilt.
I don't trash the English though I sing this song frequently.

It's a poor reflection of our society that this song is sung louder in Scottish stadiums than we sing our National Anthem.
Just saying--and not wishing to stir up the 'flamers'.
Don.....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a poor reflection of our society that this song is sung louder in Scottish stadiums than we sing our National Anthem.
Don.....

Maybe it's because our National Anthem is the hardest to sing. :dontknow: :laughing7: Most European countries are into their anthems, I'm sure you heard the Germans sing and they are loud :laughing7:

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's because our National Anthem is the hardest to sing. :dontknow: :laughing7: Most European countries are into their anthems, I'm sure you heard the Germans sing and they are loud :laughing7:
just a little

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My opinion is that you should know who you are and remember where you came from. I'm proud to be American first, and two parts Ulster-Scot one Part Irish and one part German from the Swiss borderland second. All of my 4 main family lines came to the states prior to the revolution, at least two of which were refugees from religious persecution in northern Ireland in the mid 18th century. I think modern Scotland just wants the right to govern themselves, I just wonder how many more colonies of the butchers apron will break way from Westminster Abbey.

"The Scots-Irish were the first to proclaim for freedom of these United States; even before Lexington, Scots-Irish blood had been shed for American freedom. In the forefront of every battle was seen their burnished mail and in the retreat was heard their voice of constancy".
President William McKinley

also see: Scottish Trivia

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's an ancestry thang, I'm of indigenous American and Scot-Irish descent. And 1/8 Texan. Not a designated driver in the whole damn family.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's an ancestry thang, I'm of indigenous American and Scot-Irish descent. And 1/8 Texan. Not a designated driver in the whole damn family.

RGINN, like me, we're just mutts.. Then again, we can form our own League of Nations :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread