Kinda frustrated...

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
I've been ordering half dollars at a few pickup banks the past couple weeks.. They've been skunks.. I'm at 9 boxes in a row.. But tonight I opened 2 boxes, which were boxes 8 & 9 on the skunk streak.. I'm not so upset about the skunk.. But I am upset about being shorted 5 bucks in ONE box... I mean seriously?!?!?!! I don't know if it was a repack or what.. I'm guessing its not..
But If you find a silver, great! But please replace the coin with one of the same denomination! And don't just leave it short! On a side note, I did find a Merc yesterday.. So I can't complain too much.. But hope you guys are doing better! HH

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most people who eat cookies, drink some milk. If you spill a little, well, thats just part of the game.

I've been shorted a full roll on sealed Brinks MWR boxes numerous times, just part of the game brother.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the new normal...

Yep. The more something gets popular, the more people get into it, the less intelligent/considerate the people are.

Just ask me about coins/craft beer/MCM furniture/import tuning.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. The more something gets popular, the more people get into it, the less intelligent/considerate the people are.

Just ask me about coins/craft beer/MCM furniture/import tuning.

Ask me about fishing elbow to elbow on a beach with about a billion googans that want to catch a "stripped bass" on their k-mart equipment and too light weights that constantly tangle me.

To the OP: I'm new to this hobby, but it is what it is. There are ups and downs. Try to be polite and respectful of other hunters and tellers and karma will reward you. If you focus too much on the cost aspect of any hobby you aren't going to get much enjoyment out of it.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
A few boxes ago, I had a half filled roll. I found 1 40% but still came out behind because I was 4.50 short. It happens, and it's frustrating, but not much you can do. I think I'd only complain (and by complain I mean politely bring it to the attention of the teller) is if I was shorted by $20 or more. Also, if my boxes were regularly shorted by $2-3 each weekfor multiple weeks in a row. Either way, good luck ending the streak.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya it sucks hughmaster but for the most part the mwr are usually good on the count. I've been shorted like you were but sometimes the rolls have an extra coin and it kind of evens out. It bothers me less now then it used to. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread