King George Coppers from an Early Dwelling

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
KKC got out today to a new site. My coil was on fire for over two hours. I found a King George I, King George III, and a smooth Colonial copper. In the picture, the KG I is to the far left and the KG III is in the middle.

King Georges 010.JPG

Here is a close-up of the KG I halfpenny.
King Georges 015.JPG

Here are the relics dug today.
King Georges 012.JPG

Kirk dug two coppers today also, so look for his post tonight.

Upvote 0

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: King George Coppers From an Early Dwelling

Cool digs Kyle! Must be some silver in that area!

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
You guys were killing the colonial fields. I was being spanked. I couldn't find a copper to save my life. It was my turn to suck a#s. 5 coppers for KKC. If I would have been pumping out the coppas than of course it's CKK. :laughing7: Congrats on the KGI. I still have not scored one of those.
Uncle Zeus

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and like Romeo says there must be silver there as well...

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stuff like that always gets and keeps my attention, hope it happens tomorrow! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Colonial Copper Zeus said:
You guys were killing the colonial fields. I was being spanked. I couldn't find a copper to save my life. It was my turn to suck a#s. 5 coppers for KKC. If I would have been pumping out the coppas than of course it's CKK. :laughing7: Congrats on the KGI. I still have not scored one of those.
Uncle Zeus

Unc,

You'll be back on the Colonial horse this coming week. We must seek permission for that site we've been waiting for. Mr. Farmer probably will be cutting the corn this week. If not, I have a few other ideas on the locations of Colonial-vanished dwellings nearby. :headbang:

Nephew

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:
Stuff like that always gets and keeps my attention, hope it happens tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Good luck tomorrow, IP. I'll be waiting for your post.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you and Kirk have had a good weekend, trying to catch up to Chris :D Hope you can eventually get an idea on the third copper, hate when you just don't know.

Don

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the coppers Kyle. :thumbsup: Gotta love the K G I. :headbang:

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Don in SJ said:
Sounds like you and Kirk have had a good weekend, trying to catch up to Chris :D Hope you can eventually get an idea on the third copper, hate when you just don't know.

Don

I'm going to glance over it some more tonight. I'm leaning a lot towards it being another KG III.

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super day on the PA.copper fields Buddy, :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: You colonial digging maniac :laughing9: Must be nice to not have to worry about finding a copper but how many coppers! :D Also I like seeing the other stuff you all come up with helps give a little idea of things you guy's work! :thumbsup: Patch and the crew have a little work it looks like this time! :laughing7: :laughing9: ;D Glad for you Guy's Buddy! good work!
TK, :hello:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KylePA said:
Iron Patch said:

Good luck tomorrow, IP. I'll be waiting for your post.

We'll have at least a little something to post. There's a particular site we have in mind, but if needed about 5 back up locations. Ironhorse is due for a big keeper so that scares me a little. :-X

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Super day on the PA.copper fields Buddy, :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: You colonial digging maniac :laughing9: Most be nice to not have to worry about finding a copper but how many coppers! :D Also I like seeing the other stuff you all come up with helps give a little idea of things you guy's work! :thumbsup: Patch and the crew have a little work it looks like this time! :laughing7: :laughing9: ;D Glad for you Guy's Buddy! good work!

But doesn't one Colonial silver trump those coppers? :tongue3:

OP
OP
Kyle PA

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
timekiller said:
Super day on the PA.copper fields Buddy, :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: You colonial digging maniac :laughing9: Most be nice to not have to worry about finding a copper but how many coppers! :D Also I like seeing the other stuff you all come up with helps give a little idea of things you guy's work! :thumbsup: Patch and the crew have a little work it looks like this time! :laughing7: :laughing9: ;D Glad for you Guy's Buddy! good work!

Thanks, TK, the Colonial digging maniac from NC. :laughing9: This site probably holds a few more coppers, but since the grass is pretty high, we are moving on to other new sites for now. We will probably give it another chance this Summer when we're hurting for sites. :laughing9:

Good luck to you this week! Buckles, coppers, and the other half of the mold is what's on the menu for you! :notworthy:

Kyle

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:

I'm just a SPECTATOR! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :headbang: :hello:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:

We might need you for a judge tomorrow night. Kirk for some reason thinks he already won! :laughing9:

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:

We might need you for a judge tomorrow night. Kirk for some reason thinks he already won! :laughing9:
I would but I'm to busy being a TURD STIRRER :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :D :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir Dude Kyle,
WAY TO GO!!! I knew your day was coming. ;D :icon_thumleft: I slobber on my keypad every time one of you three Colonial Cowboys posts. :tongue3: Great job and stick that coil in ice tonight to cool it down until the next hunt. ;D

What is that ovel item with two holes in the upper right of the third picture? ???

-Colonialess Dug-

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:
Iron Patch said:
timekiller said:

I would but I'm to busy being a TURD STIRRER :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :D :thumbsup:

That's good cuz after Ironhorse and I post Kirk's finds will look fitting for a turd stew. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: You might be needed for that too! :D

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fell out of my chair on these noteworthy,bodacious, finds ,and expect some silver somewhere near those holes. :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread