New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I had a cut silver, I was hunting with Vino/George when I found it today. He found a couple cool finds and I found one, we are still eeking out finds at that site. I also found my first pot pipe (well , the first I found while metal detecting) The pipe was an eyeball find, the cut coin was the first cut coin for me. Two first! (almost a trifecta whatifind)
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad 20151218_155500.jpg 20151218_155543.jpg 20151218_155231.jpg

20151218_155650.jpg

Upvote 17
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MAN THAT PIPE IS A RARE FIND OUGHT TO BE WORTH SOMETHING IN A FEW YEARS . WHAT WAS OLD IS NOW THE NEW...

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cast, counterfeit, cracked, copper!

Who asked you in the first place? This reply is not starting crap?
OK genius, you gave me a life lesson in cast coins, here's one you probably forgot that your mom may or may not of told you when you were a little kid. "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything"

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That place just keeps on giving! Wtg on getting the cut piece. If you look at the building from the parking lot, I never did get much of a chance to try the left side.
Wish you were there Dave!

I've found cut silver but no coppers
Cool, maybe is was hit with a lawn mower?

Cool beans!
Thank you

Nice cut copper Treb. Did you dig it or pull it out of George's display? :tongue3:
I dug it, George is always trying to sneak coins in my pouch, ha lol
Thanks

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want to start crap, some times it not what you say it's how you say it. I'm a new comer to all this stuff, I don't know a reproduction from a real coin, cast, what ever. Your original reply came off like you were starting crap. I stand corrected. To me, it's still a cool find. If you knew where I found it, you would think it was real too

Well you threw out a similar snide remark before and it had nothing to do with one of your finds, so to me it seems like you have a thing for taking shots. Trust me when I say I was in my fair share of forum battles, but that was a long time ago and I am not interested in going back to that... but at the same time I'm not going to let someone jab me for no reason just because I passed by. If you knew me at all, or would have asked, there is no one on this forum that is more interested in counterfeit coins than I am. My best find this year is a counterfeit, and my best find ever is a counterfeit, and I have bought and sold many for over a decade. If I have no interest in a find I don't reply, and have better things to do with my time then to knock another person's find.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh and nice find bud. Geo 2nd is awesome no matter what!
Thanks Steve

Wow put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Cool finds.

~Blaze~
Ha, I don't smoke and I never inhaled.
Thanks

Cool save Brad!! Never find one of those in the water in that condition!!
Thanks Joe

MAN THAT PIPE IS A RARE FIND OUGHT TO BE WORTH SOMETHING IN A FEW YEARS . WHAT WAS OLD IS NOW THE NEW...
THANK BUDDY

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You understand that a contemporary counterfeit is almost always better than an actual Regal issue...right?

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You understand that a contemporary counterfeit is almost always better than an actual Regal issue...right?

Yes sir, I do understand that. When I posted the find, I didn't know that it was a counterfeit.
I have found two counterfeit seated coins, a quarter and a half.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That Half Penny sure has a lot of detail left on it Brad, would've been sweet had it been complete! :occasion14:

Dave

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you threw out a similar snide remark before and it had nothing to do with one of your finds, so to me it seems like you have a thing for taking shots. Trust me when I say I was in my fair share of forum battles, but that was a long time ago and I am not interested in going back to that... but at the same time I'm not going to let someone jab me for no reason just because I passed by. If you knew me at all, or would have asked, there is no one on this forum that is more interested in counterfeit coins than I am. My best find this year is a counterfeit, and my best find ever is a counterfeit, and I have bought and sold many for over a decade. If I have no interest in a find I don't reply, and have better things to do with my time then to knock another person's find.
Don't mess with IP or he might call out his muscle..

Attachments

• Kirk_PA_careful_what_you_wish_for.jpg
    Kirk_PA_careful_what_you_wish_for.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Half Penny sure has a lot of detail left on it Brad, would've been sweet had it been complete! :occasion14:

Dave
I found my best ever King George II on a previous hunt with George at the same site, within ten feet of the "cracked counterfeit" Maybe that one is a cast counterfeit too, I'll have to post it on "what is it" My ignorance about coins is showing again.
Thanks Dave

Don't mess with IP or he might call out his muscle..
Ha, lol

Would you guys mind sending me a map???
Great post and congrats on your cut / broken / cast / copper. lol
Thanks buddy, I'll ask George if he wants to send you one?

Funny

It's a very cool find!
Thank you, it felt special when I pulled it, shame, I should of got a pic, it was so muddy and when I'm at that site I don't want to waste a second.

...and proud of it! Haha!
Good for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread