kinzlicoils.com

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kg6yll said:
I haven't been able to log on to kinzlicoils.com for about a week and a half now. Is anyone else having trouble? I have emailed Jeff twice with no response. Thought someone here might know?

KG6YLL
Same here............aa

Wheresthegoodstuff

Feb 20, 2006
Coarsegold, CA
Hey Guys,
Looks like Jeff ran into some issues over the last week or so. Here is the info from the site:

"If you ended up here and had an account, but it's not working now, please bear with me. I'm trying to get your accounts recovered, which were removed by mistake. "

"This is not going to be easy.

If you have lost your access, please email forums AT kinzlicoils.com and tell me what your username was, what you'd like your password to be, and your preferred email address and I'll build you a new account.

Unfortunately at this time, we probably can't recover your history (Saved PMs, post count, etc.) - my apologies, it was my fault, I made a mistake. "

So the readers digest version is email jeff at [email protected] and let him know that you cant get on and what your info was.

Later
Wheresthegoodstuff

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm not having any problems getting on. Can you get to the beginner's page? (that's the page that requires no membership/signup). If so, try making a new name and password perhaps, once you get to that startup page?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
How about this: rather than bug Jeff or another administrator, just do this: Since you say you haven't posted there in ages, perhaps they drop innactive accounts ("pruning") now and then. There was too many innactive accounts, so, as I recall, there became a rule that persons must post now and then (I forget the specifics) in order to remain "active". This was because there were page after page of person who had perhaps posted only once, or never at all, yet remained on the rolls for years.

So rather than bog down the administrators to explain all this, or see about some-how reactivating your old name, just simply go to the beginner's page (which is open to all), and simply choose a new name and password. Like maybe do "Gregory1" instead of "Gregory", or some such minor variation that allows you to just start over with a new name & password.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
I have to say first, I have never met or heard of this guy. But, I have to say, I am VERY disappointed with this guy. I would send out a monthly newsletter for my personal site, and " someone " complained to hotmail that I was " spamming " their account. My hotmail account was CLOSED permanently ....... The only complaint I EVER received was from his email, so I took him of the list send a email of apology. I cannot get into my email for the email list ( at least 300 people ) of the people would ( as they wrote ) were thankful for the newsletter. Again I don't know this guy and if he is going through some " tough times " I feel for him. But, it's no excuse for what he has done. I know some of you will say how do I know it's him.... He is the ONLY one EVER to complain. I now have to spend a week to get back to the same list I had before.... This is my " opinion " on this guy and it is directly related to what he has done..... Sorry to be so negative, but I just thought other people should know what kind of mindset you " may " be dealing with....

Apologies to his friends
PLL

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Hi John,

The best thing to do is not let it get to you, I don't know what the deal is here and knowing Jeff he would give you the shirt off his back even after making the complaint if that were the case.

Things happen, mistakes happen yeck I've made many but in the end allot of us forgive and forget about what the other guy/gal said or did :love3:

Could be your Hotmail takes spamming too serious, One complaint is too harsh so maybe the bulk of the fault falls with your Hotmail account.

Hope you can eventually retrieve your email list, Take care my friend and both you and Jeff are :thumbsup:

Paul (Ca)

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey old cal,
Thankx for the kind words, I really don't this guy, I only know what happened. I contacted hotmail NUMEROUS times and even tried to " dispute " the charge, but no dice. If he going through hard times, then I can have sympathy for that. But it's tempered with the weeks worth of work I now have to do.....

PLL

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Hi John,

Mistakes happen and sometimes even the best of us make mistakes, Right now our economy is in such a terrible mess eventually everyone will be affected one way or another.

Someday we'll look back and realize the things we felt were so important were really such little things to be concerned about, Hard trying days lay ahead so let's not sweat the small stuff for we need to prepare ourselves for more serious issues ahead.

Take care my friend and enjoy today's blessings, Tomorrow may not be so generous.

HH, Paul (Ca)

JamesE

It's really sad when what was simple on a computer hits a 'glitch' and demonstrates paper still has its' advantages. :'(
It's possible that the mail service decided you were a "commercial" enterprise and used him as an excuse to cut you off, pretty ruthless of them!!
I wonder if a guy couldn't email the info to 2 other acconts to hold in storage, like gmail and?? or put it on a flash drive ($15 at WM) or burn it a disc, or maybe get Tnet to sponsor it on their servers.
I wouldn't have thought about this problem if I were to set up a similar site.
It sucks to learn from others mistakes, it's easier to learn from others mistakes.
good luck with it, jim

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,I know nothing of your dilemma but I know Jeff,and I think it is only fair that you know for sure he had anything to do with it before you bash his good name.The Calif.is one of the best forums around and Jeff owns it.Contact him?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread