Kirsten Gum - Treasure Hunter

Pyrite

Greenie
Nov 3, 2008
The Travel Channel's program "Cash & Treasures" has changed its format to a one hour program with a new name: Treasure Hunter: Kirsten Gum. There's a sneak peek of the new season next Thursday, Nov 6th at 10:30pm. The new season which will air in January.

Kirsten Gum writes: Hey everyone, just got home from shooting the last episode for our upcoming season. i now get two weeks home to rest and relax.. and to watch the show!! I wanted to make sure you all know there's a sneak peek of the new season next Thursday, Nov 6th at 10:30pm.. Please tell everyone you know!! Travel Channel is in the middle of deciding if we get another season. I'm totally digging the new season which will air in January. 5 one hour shows filled with adventure and treasures.. you're not going to believe the situations I get myself in... my mom would be scared Thanks everyone for being such great fans!

It is one of the few programs that feature my passion of Treasure Hunting.
Bill :)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Tell her to sign up on TN.

I watch all the episodes I can and am a fan of the show.

OP
OP
P

Pyrite

Greenie
Nov 3, 2008
Guy In Back said:
Tell her to sign up on TN.

I watch all the episodes I can and am a fan of the show.

I have asked her to post a personal message on this forum. She has a fan page and a Treasure WIKI that she will respond to your comments if she is not on the road shooting new programs.. The web address is : http://cash-and-treasures-wiki.travelchannel.com/
I have joined the Forum and I am impressed with the great number of posts. I will post a link to this forum to her WIKI.
Bill

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
I belong to that site and it isn't any thing great.

Plus I like the girl from the old 1st series.

OP
OP
P

Pyrite

Greenie
Nov 3, 2008
Cr4zyH0rs3 said:

When is the last time you visited the WIKI. There are several new pages created by the average member. There are huge number of sites posted for most of the fifty states. There are personal pages for 1500 plus members. Pages have been created by members that include jewelry making, rockhounding basics, treasure hunting stories, metal detecting , agate origins, gold and many more. The editor of "Rock and Gem" is an active member as is several other noted Treasure Hunting authors. The site has been featured in Rock and Gem.It started out a blank slate and relied upon people like you to build it into something. At first it was nothing until the Treasure Hunters built the WIKI. That is what a WIKI is all about. I joined this forum because I have a real passion for Treasure Hunting. I am sorry you do not like the show or the WIKI. If Kirsten posts to this site will she be treated rudely. If so please let me know because I sent her a personal message about what a great forum this is. Please let me know soon.
Thank You
Bill

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pyrite said:
Cr4zyH0rs3 said:

When is the last time you visited the WIKI. There are several new pages created by the average member. There are huge number of sites posted for most of the fifty states. There are personal pages for 1500 plus members. Pages have been created by members that include jewelry making, rockhounding basics, treasure hunting stories, metal detecting , agate origins, gold and many more. The editor of "Rock and Gem" is an active member as is several other noted Treasure Hunting authors. The site has been featured in Rock and Gem.It started out a blank slate and relied upon people like you to build it into something. At first it was nothing until the Treasure Hunters built the WIKI. That is what a WIKI is all about. I joined this forum because I have a real passion for Treasure Hunting. I am sorry you do not like the show or the WIKI. If Kirsten posts to this site will she be treated rudely. If so please let me know because I sent her a personal message about what a great forum this is. Please let me know soon.
Thank You
Bill

Kirsten ; Like evryone else here will be treated with respect.

OP
OP
P

Pyrite

Greenie
Nov 3, 2008
jeff of pa said:
Pyrite said:
Cr4zyH0rs3 said:

Thank You
Bill

Kirsten ; Like everyone else here will be treated with respect.

Thank you, I am new to this forum and have visited forums where people take pleasure in trashing others to make themselves look important and I do not have time in my schedule for that. I am glad to hear this is not one of the many sites for trash talk.
Bill

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pyrite said:
Which episode did the forum like best?
Bill

My opinion.

With Becky the Bottle digging Episode.

With Kirsten the relic Hunting Episode

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My opinion.

With Becky the Bottle digging Episode.
[/quote]

mmmmmmmmm... digging in an 1800's privy in the rain... soaking wet...

yep, it's got my vote!

OP
OP
P

Pyrite

Greenie
Nov 3, 2008
One of the new episodes is in the sticky swampland of South Carolina to recover relics from the time plantations were a way of life. (airing Jan 24 @ 10 ET) I am still not sure which I liked best but diving in Lake Superior for lakers was one of the better episodes. The weather was not at all ideal for diving and although Kirsten is a trained diver it was not the safest time to go down. Visibility was poor and the winds were high. It was not an day in the park.
I prefer the locations that are not on the tourist maps or the pay sites. Lake Superior agates of good size and quality bring a premium price. One only has to visit e-bay to see what a good Laker brings.
Bill

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magic Fingers said:
Well her first show last night was interesting...lol.

She was so crazy with that helicopter!! I couldn't of done it.

That was Extreme Treasure Hunting...lol

Donna

I Agree

Good Show. That was insane trying to land a Helicopter there Even for a few seconds

OP
OP
P

Pyrite

Greenie
Nov 3, 2008
The new format fits Kirsten's image as an adventuresome fun loving young lady. This episode was no stop at a tourist attraction to wash a bucket of gravel. It was lots of excitement. Maybe too risky but fun. You can look forward to more adventures like this one.
Bill :coffee2:

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
I love the show and have from the start. I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Cash and Treasures. I rewatch the old episodes and still learn from them. I have been to a few of the locations and that lead me to find more of my own. I would welcome Kirsten here with open arms! She has already done more types of treasure hunting than most of us could ever dream of. She would be an awesome addition to any forum!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pyrite said:
The new format fits Kirsten's image as an adventuresome fun loving young lady. This episode was no stop at a tourist attraction to wash a bucket of gravel. It was lots of excitement. Maybe too risky but fun. You can look forward to more adventures like this one.
Bill :coffee2:

I was Impressed when she said Straight out
she did not like using that Jack hammer
& They Aired it. Alot would have
hiddin the look on her face
& The Discomfort that was Obvious
from the Public View.

I Also Like the new Format Better.

Not stepping in Becky's Shoes (so to speak)

OP
OP
P

Pyrite

Greenie
Nov 3, 2008
Did you notice there was no "Gee I find a several hundred dollar specimen with only a few minutes effort" In fact she makes it clear that it was more danger and work than the specimen could bring. That's the spirit of a dedicated Treasure Hunter. Work for two days, stuck in the woods for an unplanned night to find a rare pyrite and quartz combination and go back for more. She did not ask "What is it worth" until the last segment.
Bill

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pyrite said:
Did you notice there was no "Gee I find a several hundred dollar specimen with only a few minutes effort" In fact she makes it clear that it was more danger and work than the specimen could bring. That's the spirit of a dedicated Treasure Hunter. Work for two days, stuck in the woods for an unplanned night to find a rare pyrite and quartz combination and go back for more. She did not ask "What is it worth" until the last segment.
Bill

Yep No greed at all

Except she wanted a "cube" LOL :D

OP
OP
P

Pyrite

Greenie
Nov 3, 2008
That's right but the pentagonal (the Golden Ratio) is more rare world wide. The cube is the most common crystal habit.. But you are right the show is about Treasure Hunting and if it is worthless why bother. Part of the fun is the posibility of finding the mother load. LOL
:D
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions