Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kia Ora from Mike in New Zealand.
Our deepest sympathy for all the victims and their families, and friends, involved in the tragic circumstances that happened today in Virginia, USA
By chance, I found an NZ Herald article today (a treasure in itself) use the link below.
Reminds me that when NZ was invaded ("They're overpaid, they're over-sexed, they're over here") by the brave GI's in the Pacific War, those young men knew they were going somewhere, where they were more than likely, to be shot at.
Enjoy this link
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10433128&ref=rss

Hope that works.
I have to ask - How many Yanks (WW II talk) would have had a gold coin in their pants?

We had US camps everywhere. One large camp in Mt Wellington, Auckland, (Sylvia Park - of all names? From memory - housed 6,000 grunts) just got torn down and covered in several thousand tonnes of super-duper market (and the largest movie screen in the World apparently)
I realise I'm about 2 years late finding Treasurenet because I might have been able to get access to the site when it was cleared.

OP
OP
trikikiwi

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kia Ora, re-reading my last line, I should have explained, I don't yet own an MD machine. But I'm very keen to - been googling MD stuff and not sure what machine I should seriously consider. Any suggestions welcome. Keep it clean please. ;D
Cheers, Mike

OP
OP
trikikiwi

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers Mate, I'll check them out, :) Mike

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
no americans in world war two had gold pocket pieces. Roosevelt took away all the gold in circulation in 1933 and made them illegal to own or possess with huge fines for violations. A very few pilots had survival kits which included foriegn gold coins. We used silver coins throughout the war and many half crown and crown sized foriegn coins were shaved on one side and engraved as pocket pieces. You should find many US "S" mint coins and they will include some of the better dates in cents and nickels. As I recall most of the US troops in New Zealand were marines. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread