Knee Pad Question...

mixer1

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2008
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
White 6000/D, 6000/Di series 2
I picked up a pair of foam pads at Harbor Freight for my granddaughter. They are long and narrow and she loves them. Verify the size it does seem the velcro is short if you are large framed. Really comfortable and $4.99 While you're there check out the Centech pinpointer for 15.99 it's a good backup or primary. She uses hers all the time. Don't forget a box of mechanics blue gloves for those muddy days. Love that Harbor Freight store!!!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I was screwing around yesterday without my pads, wearing shorts and when I started to get up I slipped on wet grass and landed on a piece of cement and got a nice bright strawberry about the size of a quarter on my left knee! Don't do as I do, do as I say. Those knee scrapes take forever to heal and hurt like the devil every time you squat down!
M :crybaby2: nty

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True Mastereagle,
That's why I said put a pouched on a pair of pants. Another thought would get a cheap pair of cargo pants, rip off the nice side pockets and relocate them to the knee? Insert the cheap foam pads everyone appears to own.

Ed D.

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I use the husky brand that they sell at homedepot.......the gel filled type. Honestly, I will have to say that wearing two knee pads does look dorky. Wearing one, I think doesn't. In any event, you need them. I couldn't hunt without my kneepad.......I especiallly hate the wet knee syndrome when hunting after a rain. Slipping is the problem I experience. I usually have to slide the knee pad up once in a while. An added benefit is that the knee pad also acts as a holster for my digging tool.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for that link....what a wonderful idea! I'll have to get me some of hubby's old jeans and make some knee pads myself! OMG...designer knee pads....gotta' run...gotta' get started ;)

Crazy Greek

Nov 12, 2007
Victoria, Texas
Detector(s) used
Viper Trident
I got this type at Home Depot....very comfy!!

Attachments

• kneepads.jpg
    kneepads.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 138

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used these for a while with no hurting from cockleburs,rocks,thistles,sticks,etc... heres a link,and a pic of mine. They velcro around the leg!

http://www.mcguirenicholas.com/

Attachments

• SG1L3197.JPG
    SG1L3197.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 168

spisswgt

Jun 24, 2008
Blue Springs Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ace Garrett 250
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
I'm gonna pick up a pair this week. I almost get light-headed from getting in the squatting position on my feet the whole time I'm digging. These will help a lot. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions