Knights of the Golden Circle: Maps

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
I found the following information on a website.
I had questions and sent two emails (that did not bounce) to the contact email address, but never received a reply.

I would like to hear some opinions. Is any of this information true and correct?

TW

Knights of the Golden Circle: Maps
Many of the smaller caches have been moved to larger, combined caches, and as a result, many of the legends will end up leading to an empty hole. For this reason, it is best to acquire information on as many as possible, research them in advance, and pick the most likely ones out before going out into the field. Whenever a K.G.C. cache was emptied or moved by the K.G.C., additional symbols were placed on the stone markers to alert fellow members that the cache was no longer there. By examining photos of known markers, it is possible to determine which caches are worth going after, and which are long gone.

K.G.C. researchers talk about needing a series of two or three transparent overlays in order to make any sense out of the K.G.C. maps. This is not true. When K.G.C. operatives buried some of the larger caches, they marked them with several stones having symbols cut into them as directions. The markings were accurately inscribed with the help of these so-called "overlays." In reality, the "overlays" were tracings, taken from each stone and transfered to the next stone, made onto the semi-transparent oil cloth material of their "slickers" (raincoats). To relocate the cache, all overlays would be placed and aligned (according to specific instructions) over the "key" stone to produce a very specific map. Losing the overlays made no difference, since they were made from the markings on the stone in the first place, they could be easily reconstructed in a matter of minutes once the original stone was found.

"It is said that no records exist of the K.G.C. after 1916." The locations of all the smaller caches (and larger ones too) were recorded on maps. Each map was rolled up and put into a cylinder made from rabbit fur treated with cosmoline. This tube was then tarred, and finally waxed with bees' wax.

"The maps from all the caches in a particular surrounding area were then sealed in a safe or chest and buried near a large or well-known river." Sixteen such safes exist throughout the country, each containing the maps for a specific area. Each safe (chest) was buried on a pillar of criss-crossed railroad ties to prevent it from sinking into the ground.

"One "master" safe contains the maps showing the location of each of the other sixteen safes." Should the location of the "master" safe be lost, the locations of the other safes could be determined from a carefully worked out code using letters of the alphabet in conjunction with the Confederate code. It is possible that the contents of the "master" safe may no longer be retrievable. If so, the job is only made tougher, not impossible.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
No! ;D

This information has been around since Brewer decided he was related to a KGC sentinel and is all bunk. Have you ever heard of a rain slicker that was transparent back then? This falls in with the same kind of misinformation like they used a compass to walk along the ground and wait for the needle to react to find a bureid metal clue. Never happened, can't happen, won't happen.

If the templates can be reconstructed at a site within a matter of minutes like the author suggests then why even have a template? It would seem that carrying around a template to your treasure sites would be a big security risk, especially if it only took a couple of minutes to reconstruct it at the site with your see through rain coat, don't you think?

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Alec,

OK, now tell us what you really think. ;D

I considered ordering a KGC video from this guy's site, but since he won't answer my emails....nahhh!
Thanks for your input. :thumbsup:

TW

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
I guess there was no real big surprise at what my thoughts would be on the writing, seeing how I'm a naysayer and all. :laughing9:

Save your money on the video, It's not worth it. If you do a search on TNet you can probably find a little history about your guy. He was talked about in a story posted by Brewer back in '97 or '98 I think. The story was about a Mr. Black, Mr. Blue and some other color. It should be under the KGC threads but I'm not sure, that was a long time ago!

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Thanks Alec,

I thought there was a connection between him and Brewer... I just got my facts wrong.

TW

cccalco

Jul 16, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Knights of the Golden Circle Treasure Maps 11
Underground Discovery & Exploration
http://undergrounddiscovery.com/21/knights-of-the-golden-circle-treasure-maps-11/

While most coin shooters would never think of scanning a tree it should also be pointed out that most "hits" will just indicate that there is some imbedded wire in the tree because this was once a fence line so getting hits on several trees in a row would not be anything but a fence line.
CCC

Excerpt:

"Knights of the Golden Circle treasure maps (the KGC) must be dealt with on an individual basis and a simulation of what they were doing must be considered. You have the written maps, the maps cut in stone and in shaped stones. Then you have the signs that stand individually or collectively, which we will deal with in this article.

First, watch carefully for knot holes. They may not be genuine, but they were actually formed by drilling a hole with a bung boring tool.

Chemicals were then inserted in the hole to cause the tree to scar over the area making it appear to be a knot hole. Watch carefully for placement, multiples etc. as these are very important directives to find the next sign or the placement of the treasure.

Another treasure marker of the KGC is the ‘hoot owl tree’. The trees are shaped by breaking, bending and tying, weighting with rocks and even grafting. The KGC had many well trained in topiary and apothecary and could easily take nature and shape it to tell their story and most people do not pay any attention to what they see in the wilderness. At most they may make a comment concerning something unusual but seldom view these things as a treasure sign. For example, here is a hoot owl tree that was even divided and very unnatural. This photograph is only about one week old by the way! This tree was formed right after the Civil War. Directions to treasure, waypoints, signs and division of the treasure has been found in these trees.

So the next time you see a tree that looks unusual, perhaps you should stop and examine this. Watch also for items that are imbedded in the tree and have grown around them. Multiple shaped rocks, metal objects, pointers and the like are all common for them to use as signs and as pointers. Don’t forget to run that metal detector over the tree as some items are completely grown over and can not be seen."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions