Knob stuck. Can't Open XP Pinpointer to charge

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a known problem with XP pinpointers. I had to use one of those rubber jar lid pads to open my MI-6 the first time. It is just REALLY tight. Just be careful when putting it back on because it will cross thread easily and crack the cap. Once you take it on/off a couple of times, it will loosen up.

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
I had to use channel locks to open mine.
Just do it carefully and when putting it back on use a bit of silicone grease on the threads

OP
OP
S

SG CT

Dec 10, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solved! Thanks everyone who replied. I had an online chat with the XP Service company, Metaldetector.com. I was told to soak the cap in warm water for 15 minutes. After several tries, I was able to open the cap. Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Solved! Thanks everyone who replied. I had an online chat with the XP Service company, Metaldetector.com. I was told to soak the cap in warm water for 15 minutes. After several tries, I was able to open the cap. Hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Thanks for the tip!

desmobob

Apr 10, 2005
upstate NY -- Lake George region
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was barely able to get mine off. It came loose just as I was about to head down to the workshop to grab a small strap wrench. I coated the threads well with silicone grease when I put the cap back on. That helps.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought I was just getting weak in my old age. Channel locks are like a American Express Card-Don't leave home without it.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Universal Fixit Flow Chart

If it moves but is not supposed to move > Duct Tape
If it doesn’t move and is supposed to move> WD40

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread