Know botany ? mushrooms ?

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
So this morning I just happened to spy a mushroom ( I think ) while out and about. I have never seen one like it before. to describe best it looks like a inverted umbrella, white stem, off white transparent cap, very delicate lines in the cap. Now this morning it was very calm, no detectable breeze, in observing said mushroom, it appeared to be vibrating which I found quite spectacular!

So any out there that can help identify this organism I would really appreciate it, as for I have overloaded google this morning searching, found some close to it, but not exact.
View attachment 1040847
View attachment 1040848

Mike

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Mike.... If you can't find it Goggling "mushrooms of Michigan" then maybe it's not a mushroom. Maybe it's a flower...? :dontknow:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gonna tell ya, if it turns purple and you got it outta a cow field, at our age, DON'T EAT IT! :laughing7:
I've seen little mushrooms similar to it, but was very long ago, no idea what it is. :dontknow:

Ya'll may appreciate this..... A friend from Ky, her great aunt or gma grew the roses for the Ky Derby. She said many many yrs ago, when she was visiting her, the evening was coming on, and a fog started to settle over the acres and acres of roses. The moon was bright that night. She was instructed to watch closely over the top of the roses.
She said you could see the roses breathing! She said the mist would seem to move in and out, up and down among the tops of the roses in the moonlight. Said it was oone of the most awesome things she ever sawed in her life.
Flowers breathe, too.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulled out my mushroom "Bible" that has over 2,000 species and found some hilarious pictures while looking through it.......

P1120240 (640x491).jpg

P1120243 (425x640).jpg

Lol. anyway, this is the closest I could find......

P1120245 (322x640).jpg

It says that it's bell-shaped but sometimes convex. He describes this mushroom as very small and grows in troops. It is too small to be of any nutritional value but is edible.
Is this close?

Whatever it is, don't eat too much!

P1120246 (640x466).jpg

:laughing7:

Cheers,
Dave.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hilarious Dave! Good to see you Mike. My current job has mushrooms all over the plAce right now. Many many different varieties. Some must be edible.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hilarious Dave! Good to see you Mike. My current job has mushrooms all over the plAce right now. Many many different varieties. Some must be edible.

BEST to just get " 'Shrooms" from your local Frozen Foods Section... I do.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And not knowing is a good reason not to harvest my own!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! Having my coffee, remembering the "old days" & Rites of SPRING! 'Shroomers or 'zroomers... one Rite of SPRING (April, I think) was to go up in the mountains (of the Shenandoah Valley) & hunt for the GREAT MOREL mushrooms; ALWAYS found a "mess" of 'em... took 'em home & fried 'em in butter; YUMMMM! HH! Good Luck! BTW, 'Zroomers were for "LSD types"; stay away from 'em; stay with 'Shrooms.

Last edited:

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, 'Zoomers were for "LSD types"; stay away from 'em; stay with 'Shooms.

It's been many years since I "tripped" but I'll say that there was no comparison between the two. LSD was nothing but pure terror for me! Never had one good trip.
Zoomers however, were magical. I learned many things about myself and the Universe and I can see why aboriginal peoples used them in sacred ceremonies.
It's been close to 20 years since I went on a mushroom "trip" and maybe I'm due again?
Mike, if you see any of these out in the woods could you grab me some?

P1110362.JPG

:laughing7:

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
It is close to the one from your book muddy, but just the cap is opposite. still no luck finding an exact match. I will send it to somebody..the pic that is see what it was. it was gone the following day so who knows.

/waves to Dave

Mike

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
HA! Having my coffee, remembering the "old days" & Rites of SPRING! 'Shroomers or 'zroomers... one Rite of SPRING (April, I think) was to go up in the mountains (of the Shenandoah Valley) & hunt for the GREAT MOREL mushrooms; ALWAYS found a "mess" of 'em... took 'em home & fried 'em in butter; YUMMMM! HH! Good Luck! BTW, 'Zroomers were for "LSD types"; stay away from 'em; stay with 'Shrooms.
Its not a proper spring here without tottering out with an onion sack that has seen years of use. Trying not to squish one I didn't see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread