Know where I can get this part?

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this part a whole bunch of years ago for use in an underwater camera housing. I now want to use it, and about 5 more, in and undewater housing I am making for my E-Trac. I have no idea what it's called so I can't even go hunting for it online. Could somebody please assist with what it's name is and maybe where it can be purchased.
I need the black part that threads into the housing bulkhead as well as the shaft that slides through the black threaded part. There's an O-ring inside that seals
the shaft and you can see the O-ring that fits between the shaft tightening nut and the bulkhead. Any knob or gear I put on in not a specialty part so ignore that part of the device.

Thanks...Jim

Attachments

• UWShaft 002a.JPG
    UWShaft 002a.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 334

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
looks like an actuator for a camera housing. try ikelite they might be able to help you out.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Jim, I have a machine shop in my garage and I build underwater housings for video cameras. If you can't find the part I can make one for you very easily. Heres a pic of the housing I made for my camcorder. The control rod on the right has internal O-rings I cut with a grooving tool.

Attachments

• DCP01250.JPG
    DCP01250.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 299

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pete, that is an awesome housing! Nice work. Send me a PM or email and let me know what you charge to build a simple housing for one of the newer, smaller type HD camcorders. Maybe just two controls-one to start/stop the recording and another for the zoom? Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread