Kokos?

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I THINK these are the ones that were possible kokos. My prob is once I got started more comfortable ID'ing pelts, I would just stick em in the pelt drawer. That's okay, I guess, altho yesterday I posted four that to a few others were unusual and I didn't think they were b/c I already had one in my drawer just like it. Anywho, I do believe I set these aside as possible KK's. Oh, in the recent batch I also found a pelt comic (Sandy). It is faded and has a small chip in the patch but not to bad condition. Any idea on value?

Attachments

• IMG_5450.JPG
    IMG_5450.JPG
    740.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5451.JPG
    IMG_5451.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5452.JPG
    IMG_5452.JPG
    938.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5453.JPG
    IMG_5453.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 65

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
I'd say all of those are Pelts.

On a faded chipped sandy comic, if white based and common color patch, I'd say maybe $20 or so + or - depending on actual condition. A nice one could be $50-$100 or more if everything is just right.

OP
OP
D

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say all of those are Pelts.

On a faded chipped sandy comic, if white based and common color patch, I'd say maybe $20 or so + or - depending on actual condition. A nice one could be $50-$100 or more if everything is just right.

It's been awhile since mine were ID'd as possible Kokos and I can't recall why they were. I think it had to do with the base glass? Can you explain why you don't think koko? I tell ya, I used to think I learned/absorbed things quickly as well, but this hobby certainly presses the ole brain cells into a MASSIVE overdrive. Re: the comic Pelt - yeah white based and green color patch. I have to say even tho nominal value, the fact that the little fella rolled out of a plastic baggie of a very eclectic mix purchased for very little from a junk/antique shop in a small town in NH was quite cool in my book!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
There has been a tendency lately to label pelts with a lot of bubbles in a dirty base glass as kokomos. Even though they used the pelt machines, they are different. I have pelts in the original unopened bags that people thought were kokos before seeing them in an original bag. Also some people think if a pelt has an opalescent base or bubbles with burnt gasses in them making them look gold or black, they must be kokos. Kokomos didn't get around nearly as much as pelts, and there usually won't be many even in a large collection. Look at these for an idea: Kokomo Opalescent Glass Company, Inc. 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread