Koss UR-30 Headphone Plug Repair

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a set of Koss UR-30 Headphones that the wires came loose from the plug.

I would like to repair them myself, but will send them to Koss for repair if necessary.

The way the plug was made, I couldn't tell what wires were connected to which connectors of the plug.

I bought a regular 1/4" Stereo Phone Plug from Radio Shack and have tried wiring them every possible way they can be wired. There are only 3 wires: Black, Red and White. So, there are only 6 possible combinations to connect the wires to the plug that I can see. (unless you double up on a connector)

Anyway, regardless of how they're wired, I cant get any sound from the headphones. Anybody know the wiring diagram? Or, do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think they're covered under their warranty. I'd give Koss a call and find out. I suspect they'll replace them or at least repair them free of charge.

OP
OP
sharpshooter

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rwsnc said:
I think they're covered under their warranty. I'd give Koss a call and find out. I suspect they'll replace them or at least repair them free of charge.

Thanks.

Yes they are covered under warranty.
You have to ship them to Koss with a check for 6 bucks.
So I'm out about 12 bucks total each time.
I have already done that once.
Seems that the stress on the plug causes failure over time.
Would like to be able to repair them myself.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sharpshooter said:
rwsnc said:

Thanks.

Yes they are covered under warranty.
You have to ship them to Koss with a check for 6 bucks.
So I'm out about 12 bucks total each time.
I have already done that once.
Seems that the stress on the plug causes failure over time.
Would like to be able to repair them myself.

Sorry about that. If you'd mentioned any of that in your original post, I wouldn't have offered any advice.

OP
OP
sharpshooter

sharpshooter

May 3, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tried to keep it short.

Good Luck to you.

I'm going to make it to NC some day. Hear you've got some beautiful country over there.

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Hello, Koss wires very low quality, if your wires came loose from the plug, it will come from the top too change it all, open ear cup with 3 screws under ears cushions and look wires order, one of the wire is double in the headphones, where wire goes inside. its easy to repear! do your self its very easy. good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread