KT

Welcome from Birmingham, Alabama. This is a great place to learn about and share safe, effective treasure hunting tips and tricks. Good luck and we look forward to seeing your cool finds.

KT, welcome to Tnet! first rule I have is let someone know where you are going if you are alone. 2nd, take a gun or mace of sumpin similar. When I look for homesteads, the easiest clue is flowers! Here I find daffodils & they tend to migrate downhill. So if you see daffs in the middle of nowhere, you need to search the area. Do your research. Go to the library, ask folks in the area, & go to the court house to look at old platt maps. The research is half the fun of treasure hunting, at least for me it is. I love history. & don't forget to ask for permission. For some reason the farmers around here don't like to have women alone on the property. My Dad was the same way. Heck He wouldn't sell me his beautiful old truck cuz "women ain't suppose to drive trucks"! I' have learned to accept it & try to work my way around this problem. Sometimes if there are 2 women they will say ok.
These are just a few hopefully helpful hints. Have fun, & share your picture with us. & be careful.

pp-civilwar-print2 (2).jpg

Welcome to Treasurenet. Talk to old-timers at the local coffee shop or café about local history. Ask at the library. Research will help you find old places where people used to congregate.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back