Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
they have their work cut out for them and yet, this is still the topnotch site for THing

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
If we had a Rusty Crap topic area, it would be real popular and give everyone a reason to post. Gypsy could moderate it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
rusty crape umh dats called "relics" by some folks ;D

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
ivan salis said:

I guess it is a matter of perspective.

Well, I'm still gonna stick to my "post all" policy. Whatever I dig--even the rusty crap--gets posted along with the treasure. :wink:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckleBoy said:
Montana Jim said:
ivan salis said:

I guess it is a matter of perspective.

Well, I'm still gonna stick to my "post all" policy. Whatever I dig--even the rusty crap--gets posted along with the treasure. :wink:

I agree. The moderators have done a fine job. It is not always easy to pick the best of the best. It seems like weeks can go by without a decent banner worthy find, and then you have a week like last week that seems like every post is banner worthy; Early US silver, Spanish silver, nice colonial coppers, awesome buttons.

I disagree, however, about your "post it all" policy. I only post the best of the best. I found out early on that no one is interested in seeing Bert's bottle cap collection, let alone mine. :) However, if it makes you feel good, do it!

Okay, here is Bert's collection for those of you who do care....

Ernnewbottlecap.JPG

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
I disagree, however, about your "post it all" policy. I only post the best of the best. I found out early on that no one is interested in seeing Bert's bottle cap collection, let alone mine. :) However, if it makes you feel good, do it!

Neil, I want to give folks new to the hobby an accurate idea about how difficult it can be at times. When I have a skunk--which ain't often, I make a post about it. I also post all the crap I dig as well as the goodies.

I feel that folks are still interested in what I find, because almost all of my posts contain some Real Treasure as well as the obligatory photo of bucket of scrap iron. :wink:

But perhaps you don't feel this way about my posts...

There is another reason I post it all. I like it when others post it all, so that I can ID good relics and keepers that would've been tossed in the trash otherwise. I know of one digger who threw out a Civil War eagle breastplate because he didn't know what it was when he first started digging. Colonial cufflinks, CW tent rope tighteners, and all kinds of Good relics have gone in the trash since I have joined this site and started listening to folks' stories. We can't solve that problem, but if more folks posted more items, we could perhaps save a few relics--twice. :)

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckleBoy said:
Neil in West Jersey said:

Neil, I want to give folks new to the hobby an accurate idea about how difficult it can be at times. When I have a skunk--which ain't often, I make a post about it. I also post all the crap I dig as well as the goodies.

I feel that folks are still interested in what I find, because almost all of my posts contain some Real Treasure as well as the obligatory photo of bucket of scrap iron. :wink:

But perhaps you don't feel this way about my posts...

There is another reason I post it all. I like it when others post it all, so that I can ID good relics and keepers that would've been tossed in the trash otherwise. I know of one digger who threw out a Civil War eagle breastplate because he didn't know what it was when he first started digging. Colonial cufflinks, CW tent rope tighteners, and all kinds of Good relics have gone in the trash since I have joined this site and started listening to folks' stories. We can't solve that problem, but if more folks posted more items, we could perhaps save a few relics--twice. :)

Best Wishes,

Buckleboy

Point well taken, BB!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
The variety of finds on the banner currently is top notch. Glass, Artifact, Fossil, Gold, Old Coins... Great work, guys!

Best Wishes,

Buckles
The people that find them have a small part to play :-X ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread