Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a permission to hunt an acre sized lot, the house on the corner built in 1908:headbang:... Had it lined up for a few weeks, and was able to put these past few mornings to good use. Was discouraged yesterday, the front yard targets were all deep clad, nothing old, nothing fancy. Planned on bailing on the back yard, but the nice folks were expecting me, and wifey had planned on packing me a lunch for todays hunt, so I said alrighty, lets get it over with. On my 5th hour of pulling almost nothing, I called "one more target!"... oops,1925 wheatie!!! The first oldie in 10 hours of beeping. Ok, one more target again, this time its gotta be silver, just gotta be, please, pretty please, show it to me...
IMG_0094.JPG
Whats this??? Shut the front door!!!
IMG_0096.JPG
Thought it was a class ring at first, cleaned it up a bit, signet? No, hmmm, a hole on the face? Missing a stone, was it a diamond? Bummer. Cleaned it up more, my eyes see "erling" :hello2: Bring it home, clean it a bit more, and it reads
E S P O
sterling

Interweb tells me Esposito jewelers out of Rhode Island started using that mark in 1951, and they specialize in costume jewelry....umm, yea I think maybe silver plated, or a low grade of silver, cuz its kinda dull, and when I drop it on the countertop, its more of a dull thud...not what a silver ring would typically sound like...
IMG_0098.JPG
I am very happy to have found it, even if it is not the precious bling that made my heart skip a beat when I first popped it...AWESOME!!!!

Upvote 7

titaniumsalute04

Aug 5, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
At Pro w/ stock and 5x8 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring! I put in about 8 hours today and came back home with $0.97, one wheatie, an unidentified token, a Party Central token and a Chuck E. Cheese token. Not to mention a MOUND of pull tabs which I was hoping at least one would come up as a ring. But your post of 10 hours of nothing, then a wheatie and a ring is very encouraging. Great post man! God bless

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanx, saw your digs on your post...good job on the tokens

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to tell ya... but it probably was a diamond. Still a awesome find though.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not every site is going to produce the "good stuff" but unless you hunt them thoroughly you'll never know. You had the diligence to go back at least so good job.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ring and wheat, and sticking with it. Sometimes when you think it's the worst it surprises you!
The ring maybe silver, I know you gave it the drop test, but test it and see.

It's funny we get what we ask for but not in the way we wanted it! Happens to me all the time. I was begging for a ring, was really excited when the M6 read "ring". It was a ring alright! Off a pull tab, just the "ring" part! I swear I could almost hear laughter! Lol!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yep, probably had a diamond in it, that's the way it normally goes! LOL, hopefully it is silver, still a great find, I would be happy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread