Ladron Mountains south of Albuq. New Mexico

actionstriping

Oct 16, 2007
m Looking for any books or information on Ladron Mountains about 75 miles south of Albuq. I have read that this was a favorite place for thieves to hide their loot after robbing from settlers up and down the Rio Grande valley. there is tales of fabulous treasures hidden in mysterious caves in the ladrones. just having trouble locating where these tales are coming from i I'have read all i could find so far would like to find out more .

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I have some information I got from a "True Treasure" Magazine
The article is called "Treasure(s) of the Ladrones"
Are you interested in going into them and looking for one of these Caches ?
Doc & I will be up that way some time this summer

Attachments

• Take\'n a Rest.jpg
    Take\'n a Rest.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 2,452
OP
OP
A

actionstriping

Oct 16, 2007
My Dad and I are pretty familiar with the south side of ladron along the Rio Salado , and around the canyon known as the box. we will be out there for a few days now at the end of February. we would love to help you do some research on ladron my Dads grandparents had a ranch out there long time ago and my dad still talks to a lot of the ranchers that used to be out there as a mater of fact we usually go out there with a man that used to be a sheep Herder out there when he was a kid, boy does he have story's. I did try to find the article you talked about "treasures of the Ladrones" in True Treasure could not find it.

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
We will be in Arizona for a few weeks, checking out a few sites...
Probably into April
Then, we'll more than likely be heading over to The Caballo Mnts
Where we'll be for a few weeks/months
I don't have anything in particular in The Ladrones
Just a general location of a cavern
Being So!
That's going to be low on our list

OP
OP
A

actionstriping

Oct 16, 2007
would like to read the article that you found in true treasure , i tyred to look it up in the archives but could not find it any help on how to get the article. thanks

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
I have The Complete set from Vol. #1, Issue #1
In fact, I have several of these early issues and sets, of treasure magazines
I bought at an estate sale a few years ago !
I recently learned that
Just One Issue, a Vol #1 Issue # 1 of "Lost Treasure" Magazine
Is worth $250 !
&
I have the complete set of that Magazine
AS well as
The Magazine called "Eastern Treasures" & The Magazine that was called "Western treasure Magazines"!
Now! (They merged)
Known, today as, "Western & Eastern Treasures" Magazine

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
My partner, "Doc: and I are a couple of weeks, (2-3) we hope!
From "heading out" !
I've go a few more things I want to do on the Jeep :P
Since!
We'll be out for 12+ months, I want to make sure that I don't have ANY! Troubles along the way! :tongue3:
What's your schedule look like for around the end of April ?

Jason White

Aug 8, 2023
My partner, "Doc: and I are a couple of weeks, (2-3) we hope!
From "heading out" !
I've go a few more things I want to do on the Jeep :P
Since!
We'll be out for 12+ months, I want to make sure that I don't have ANY! Troubles along the way! :tongue3:
What's your schedule look like for around the end of April ?
Hi I was looking into the mountains history and found this thread . I found something great concerning the topic here but need some help getting past a barrier and seal that's already visibly booby trapped . I didn't find it by mistake , I was looking for it and found it , which means a lot. Here's a particular that will interest you if you guys are still alive and wishing to be set forever. I was searching for an entrance I found out about in ancient manuscript and teachings by someone always depicted with wings sticking out his helmet. You can imagine my amazement to find that upon finding the correct passage I found that it was actually held up by a giant carven being , wearing a helmet , with a wing poking out it . Yes amazed and so filled with joy because that detail and that being there , wasn't included in the story. And he knew it wouldn't be when he wrote it , but did so as a clever act of surprise and assurance to the seeker , that he had done good and choose his path correctly to it , and that if this was so , and he found the door thru the hidden instructions, that the rest of the story would be true as well. Now I need some back with this because of the dangers involved , and because if I die and this giant rock slab teetering above should slide on me while attempting to get thru. Then this passage will remain hidden for another long time and my work for nothing . My name's Jason white my email 1jrwhite77@gmail if anyone's interested in a few days to a week in the lower Rocky's here to get something special and to be caught up with time let me know

CF.Rio

Oct 11, 2023
Hi I was looking into the mountains history and found this thread . I found something great concerning the topic here but need some help getting past a barrier and seal that's already visibly booby trapped . I didn't find it by mistake , I was looking for it and found it , which means a lot. Here's a particular that will interest you if you guys are still alive and wishing to be set forever. I was searching for an entrance I found out about in ancient manuscript and teachings by someone always depicted with wings sticking out his helmet. You can imagine my amazement to find that upon finding the correct passage I found that it was actually held up by a giant carven being , wearing a helmet , with a wing poking out it . Yes amazed and so filled with joy because that detail and that being there , wasn't included in the story. And he knew it wouldn't be when he wrote it , but did so as a clever act of surprise and assurance to the seeker , that he had done good and choose his path correctly to it , and that if this was so , and he found the door thru the hidden instructions, that the rest of the story would be true as well. Now I need some back with this because of the dangers involved , and because if I die and this giant rock slab teetering above should slide on me while attempting to get thru. Then this passage will remain hidden for another long time and my work for nothing . My name's Jason white my email 1jrwhite77@gmail if anyone's interested in a few days to a week in the lower Rocky's here to get something special and to be caught up with time let me know
Jason .... you make it through?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread