Lake Bottom Treasure

OP
OP
D

DeSotoTreasur42

The thermal vent I don't think would be possible because the cave is by no way especially warm (which comes with a thermal vent right?). The water seems to be about a standard 55 degrees (and after you soak your pants in that, it doesn't warm up. HaHa). The scuba thing would be great but the problem remains the same as the original post, I don't know how to scuba and I can't afford to take lessons. Pictures are a definite for the next trip, which we will take before the 26th of July.

Y

yutzey

DeSoto, get in touch with your local Grotto (caving club) www.caves.org. Odds are they are very well aware of the cave you're exploring, there's a good chance they know it's history, and may even have a map of it. Be warned though, most Grottos, are VERY tight with their info, and most are WAY into conservation. Hopefully they will be more forthcoming since you are in contact with the property owner. Good luck and keep us posted.

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I didn't catch where you were at, but seriously, I'd drive over and dive the lake with you anytime! Sounds too interesting to pass up. I'm not talking about a big cut of anything we find, it's your cave, I'll trust your judgement. I was at 90 feet in 43 degree water the other day. This dive would be a cake walk for me, I have my own equipment, and I am ready and willing to go! I have underwater still and video cams, and an underwater detector also (all good to 130 feet).

PM Me!

Jason

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
any new updates on this thread?....someone mentioned that you are in Alabama....I am in Albertville Alabama....love cave exploring and have a waterproof detector....let me know if i can help in any way.....I'm just looking for adventure

Good Luck
Marty

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Desoto.....
Keep the cave quiet until you have the time to get certified...and make sure you get wreck certified, and do the dive with a buddy (make it a close friend...like a spouse...no offense to anyone here but you can't trust anyone these days). If you can't take a buddy, and can't get certified...wait until you can. Your life is worth more than anything you might find.

T

TheLimpingBear

DeSotoTreasur42 said:
The thermal vent I don't think would be possible because the cave is by no way especially warm (which comes with a thermal vent right?). The water seems to be about a standard 55 degrees (and after you soak your pants in that, it doesn't warm up. HaHa). The scuba thing would be great but the problem remains the same as the original post, I don't know how to scuba and I can't afford to take lessons. Pictures are a definite for the next trip, which we will take before the 26th of July.

DesotoTreasure42, you should seriously consider the fact that your lake, could have been an open cove at one time and your lake was really a little bay. Yes, it was acessable by ship. The evidence of their exsistense lies on the bottom of your lake.

A huge treasure may be just laying on the bottom near the outer boundary of your lake where there is evidence of old buildings or structures.

Good Hunting! Use Rebreathers.

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
Greetings:

Your find sounds great. My suggestion will probably not be too popular... if you suspect anything of significant historical value (Native American artifacts or the like), you might think of contacting someone with legal experience relative to treasure.

I only suggest this because it is probably possible to protect your find and keep what might be an archeological site/artifacts safe for future generations.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As for the bottom of the lake, try using a camera to see what is down there before you venture down. You can make a waterproof container for the camera pretty easily..... You may find that what is down there should remain there ::)

Good luck and God bless
Peter

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, what has happened?
I'm all excited about this one!

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
conservator said:
Call an archaeologist.

yeah.. call the same guys that ban us from places and then allow the gov to develop the same land we got banned from.

i'd hold off on that archie call.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Wow! What a great ded thread !

Directly from the Goonies flic... and THAT was a good one!

...and I just had to laugh at the Celtic Crusader avatar...

Great speech. What do we do now? sez Michael to William.

Someone, 1) was sure leading a bunch of people down the garden path, 2) DID accept the help he asked for and is now in tahiti on a bigger project, 3) never acted on it and is trapped at a job in a saltmine with a millstone around his neck, 4) is now a bigname screenwriter in hollywood, 5) was drowned in a mudslide.

It's always a bummer to discover the last pages of a book missing!

R M P T R

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
I could not have said it better myself rmptr, unbeleivable, last pages of the book....GREAT POST!!!

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
Theres just to much interest in this topic not to finish it.Are you activly searching these caves still and wheres the pictures of your findings or the split boat.I just have to see the end of this one.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all,

If you have a look, the last time that DeSotoTreasur42 answered on this particular topic was on the 10/7/2006..... I have a funny feeling that this topic is over.
Would of been a great topic to follow through to completion, but it looks like this is not going to happen.

God bless
Peter

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too good to be true. To good to be true. To good to be true.............My camera would be with me on the second trip to the site!

DAYTONA TOM

Greenie
May 12, 2004
DAYTONA BEACH FL/white cloud mich
Detector(s) used
excal for life
8) are you talking about lost lake in kentucky ? two divers died there trying to check out the other cave
there is a boat down there and they stocked fish there and tagged them to try to find out where there going
there has been a lot of people don't beleave your post so post one pic just one and maybe they will back off
and you would find some true help with your hunt i wish the best of luck to you and looking forword to your pics it realy can be their best of luck to ya

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAYTONA TOM said:
8) are you talking about lost lake in kentucky ? two divers died there trying to check out the other cave
there is a boat down there and they stocked fish there and tagged them to try to find out where there going
there has been a lot of people don't beleave your post so post one pic just one and maybe they will back off
and you would find some true help with your hunt i wish the best of luck to you and looking forword to your pics it realy can be their best of luck to ya

I think these guys bugged out a long time ago, either that or explored the cave one time too many, and never came back. It is just kind of hard to believe without some kind of pics which should be taken. Bryan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread