Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went over to Turquoise Lake sw of Leadville today. Still a lot of water comin off the mountains but no flooding concerns in our area. Snuck in a pic of the new truck I bought this week just to show it off, haha!
6-15aaaa.jpg
6-15bbbb.jpg
6-15dddd.jpg
6-15eeee.jpg
6-15ffff.jpg

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
I love spring the most, if it would only stop raining! Cool truck, I like those Colorado’s. I’m a Toyota guy but I like the Colorados.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty up there and it brings back the memories of a few woodies gatherings when I first moved to Leadville in 1977. Great times by a bonfire with someone always singing and playing an acoustic guitar and cute little 70s chicks all around. Beautiful new truck I say.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love spring the most, if it would only stop raining! Cool truck, I like those Colorado’s. I’m a Toyota guy but I like the Colorados.
I was gonna go Tacoma this time, cause my son has one and I liked it. I looked around and everybody and his uncle has one of those Tacomas or a Subaru. I called the dealership and they had only this one left so I got it. I think it's Chevy's answer to the Tacoma. Best thing, it is paid for.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was gonna go Tacoma this time, cause my son has one and I liked it. I looked around and everybody and his uncle has one of those Tacomas or a Subaru. I called the dealership and they had only this one left so I got it. I think it's Chevy's answer to the Tacoma. Best thing, it is paid for.

I'm I reading it right, that Chevy Colorado has a 310hp 4 cylinder engine?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah TR. 2.7 liter turbo plus, whatever that may mean. It's rated to pull up to 7700 lbs., and I'm good cause the wife don't weigh near that much, haha! (and if I wanted her to see that post, I would show it to her.)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah TR. 2.7 liter turbo plus, whatever that may mean. It's rated to pull up to 7700 lbs., and I'm good cause the wife don't weigh near that much, haha! (and if I wanted her to see that post, I would show it to her.)
That's sure getting a lot out of an engine that size.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I love the Leadville area! Years ago, I spent a lot of time there in the old hotel while I was on my bottle digging missions! Love the crude charm of the old cemetery there, too. I hope to make it back one more time before I croak!

That's a nice looking truck!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Leadville area! Years ago, I spent a lot of time there in the old hotel while I was on my bottle digging missions! Love the crude charm of the old cemetery there, too. I hope to make it back one more time before I croak!

That's a nice looking truck!
In the time I lived in around Leadville I never once went to the old dump, but lots of folks dug around there regularly in the later 70s. Someone even found a 1 pound silver bar I heard along with tons of 19th century bottles and other interesting artifacts

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful scenery there, and one great looking truck. Another thing that makes this Chevy Colorado so nice? No Truck Payments. Congrats!

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
In the time I lived in around Leadville I never once went to the old dump, but lots of folks dug around there regularly in the later 70s. Someone even found a 1 pound silver bar I heard along with tons of 19th century bottles and other interesting artifacts
In deed .. I found a few neat old tokens there, too.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember maybe in 1979-80 they demolished all the old concrete walks along Harrison Ave and under that concrete was blocks of the old rotten wooden walkways. We pass through town going to work at the mine and you'd see metal detectors swinging all up and down the street. Old coins of copper, silver and even a few gold ones had been found.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never been out there, but I had a guy who worked for me that would go out to the old dump and dig up bottles. Best thing he showed me they found was a pint jar almost full of mercury.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread