Lake hunts?

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although lakes I know it can be found at any depth. .. what is the average depth most of your finds out found in the water .......( just lakes here ) I've been really lucky last couple times I've been out one find was ankle deep the next chest high. ...
Just trying to get a strategy to where most of the goods or dropped in the water
Good luck on your hunts and thank you

Upvote 0

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have it about right...ankle deep to chest high..Try public beaches, boat docks (especially) basically anywhere man has been..because we drop stuff everywhere and we usually cant retrieve the things we drop into the water..I you are feeling extra-adventurous, if you had the equipment, try scuba or even snorkeling in lakes and rivers. I you can find Aquachigger on you-tube, check out his many videos in water detecting and also the ones where he snorkels and/or scubas and literally RAKES the goods in by the hand-fulls, it is unbelievable the sunglasses, phones, cameras, rings and other jewelry he finds..o..and also a Harley Davidson edition Ford F-150...ddf

OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for info I recently bought a snorkel. ..never tried it probably end up drowning myself!
But going to try it
Thanks again

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my finds come from waist deep in fresh and saltwater. I think that's because that's where the majority of people are. Next best for me is chest deep and third best knee deep.

OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my finds come from waist deep in fresh and saltwater. I think that's because that's where the majority of people are. Next best for me is chest deep and third best knee deep.
thank you lo0kingdown
on your AT pro
which coil do you prefer the lake I have been hunting isn't trashy ...been using my bigger coil, wondering if they would be any pros in using my 5x8 coil
thanks again
scott

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you lo0kingdown
on your AT pro
which coil do you prefer the lake I have been hunting isn't trashy ...been using my bigger coil, wondering if they would be any pros in using my 5x8 coil
thanks again
scott
I only have the stock coil. Ive heard good things about the 5x8. Ive got to get one for hunting old home sites that are trashy. I would still use the big coil in the water for depth and coverage.

OP
OP
nscrcr8z

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes get you a 5x8 coil you'll love it in trashy areas. ..
I think I will continue using stock coil in water like I said. .. just now learning the water hunt
Went or few weeks ago and got gold and a couple nice pendants...
Plus at 6am is very peaceful ☺Thanks again !!
Scott

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes get you a 5x8 coil you'll love it in trashy areas. ..
I think I will continue using stock coil in water like I said. .. just now learning the water hunt
Went or few weeks ago and got gold and a couple nice pendants...
Plus at 6am is very peaceful ☺Thanks again !!
Scott
I hear you, water hunting is cool and relaxing...I like land hunting but I love water hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread