Lake of the Ozarks Beach 1: More of the same

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Okay I decided to hit the second beach at the LOOSP. Found more of the same. I cannot understand why it is so detremental for detectorists to use their machines in the park when prohibbited activities seem to go on unhindered.

Attachments

• prohib.JPG
    prohib.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 436
  • 710beach.JPG
    710beach.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 452
  • 710beach1.JPG
    710beach1.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Sad isn't it......I have maybe found a total of a couple bucks and only one ring at PB1(public beach 2) which is off of Hwy 54.....and although I keep a permit and occasionally go there, it just doesn't do it for me. Last year in the winter when the Lake is down approximately 5 feet i went with the thoughts of cleaning up but evidently someone else had the thought before me and had already cleaned it up......oh well maybe next time. I hope you at least had a good time while you were here......HH.....gregd573

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Wish I could have caught up with you when I was there. What is up with all the public schools being behind closed gates and fences? Have you ever run into the diving dude there? He said he made enough money each year by selling the jewelry he finds to make it well worth his time.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amen......Good question!!!!And we're the least of the worrie's!!

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I laugh my butt off at my neighbors because they spend litterally thousands of dollars a year to put chemicals on their lawns and have them aerate the grass etc and then complain about how hard it is to maintain. My grass has yellow spots on it and green spots and bare spots and I could care less. Grass is just that grass. Why go to so much trouble? I agee with you guys what a mess

Foilman

Aug 17, 2006
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandito II uMax
It is something. Everybody with a little power wants to tell you what you can't do whether it causes harm or not. Most of the beaches now have all these laws and regs. The only ones that suffer are people like us that were bought up to folllow the rules. None of the beaches will let you drink, but all I find at the beaches is beer caps and wine bottle caps and even small hard liquor bottles. What is worse than that they are always the thickest at the life guard stands, which makes you wonder. If it were not for laws and lawsuits lifeguards wouldn't be there in the first place. And don't forget if you find something on state property you are a looter, if they find it they are doing important archaeological research.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:
I laugh my butt off at my neighbors because they spend litterally thousands of dollars a year to put chemicals on their lawns and have them aerate the grass etc and then complain about how hard it is to maintain. My grass has yellow spots on it and green spots and bare spots and I could care less. Grass is just that grass. Why go to so much trouble? I agee with you guys what a mess

I solved that problem by digging up all the grass in my small yard and replacing it with wood bark nuggets. Looks good and it low maintenance. I live on a golf course so I still get to see lots of green grass. Any the time I don't spend mowing grass I can spend detecting.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Foilman said:
It is something. Everybody with a little power wants to tell you what you can't do whether it causes harm or not. Most of the beaches now have all these laws and regs. The only ones that suffer are people like us that were bought up to folllow the rules. None of the beaches will let you drink, but all I find at the beaches is beer caps and wine bottle caps and even small hard liquor bottles. What is worse than that they are always the thickest at the life guard stands, which makes you wonder. If it were not for laws and lawsuits lifeguards wouldn't be there in the first place. And don't forget if you find something on state property you are a looter, if they find it they are doing important archaeological research.

This place doesn't even have lifeguards because of cost and liability issues. A sign on the beach says "No lifeguard on duty." And yes you are correct I would hate for the state archaeologists to miss the plastic army man or the makeup brush I found.

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
A good question my friend. The past two years I applied for and received the permit required to search the beach there, but I never did. We should probably write the Dept. and ask the question you addressed in your post. I stopped by there last year while in the area, and the place looked terrible. I couldn't have detected that day anyway, wasn't there at the prescribed time. You are right, many violations going unchecked; but let a metal detector in the grassy area and boy you're in trouble. I don't understand either; and it's not like the state archaeologists really look for anything around there. O well, enough of my ranting. HH

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Yeah the rangers pretty much ignored me until I kept my machine running while walking to my car and picked up two zinc pennies and three pull tabs off the top of the ground then they were sure to let me know my permit allowed me to only hunt on the beach. Funny the scuba guy said he did what he wanted and no one said anything to him.

Oh well if you have never detected there you haven't missed much.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Today I actually had a woman come up and thank me for finding and removing all the pull tabs and scraps out of a play area. It surprised me because she said we, the detectorest, were good for the area. Apparently she's not one of em that makes the laws.

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I found a couple of live bullets a couple of weeks back and turned them over to the Principal of the school and he was very happy because a trouble maker had brought them to school and was showing them to other kids and saying he was going to "use" them on some teachers. They never could prove it because they never found the bullets. I don't know if he turned them over to the police or what he did with them but he was very happy to have me find them and give them to him. What was really scary was that they were in the gravel lot where all the kids play!

He was one of the people who was glad someone was there with a detector to get the stuff out of his gravel play area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread