Lake Travis photos, near Austin, TX (Record low-levels)

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With that much ground exposed, and if you know the lake, then the opportunities must be great for eye-balling and detecting.

Makes me wonder...who "ownes" the bottom of a lake? Does lakeshore property extend to the water's edge, no matter where that is? Or is a water front lot sized in square footage like a regular land lot?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/texasparkswildlife/sets/72157627429641925/show/

S

stefen

Clay Slayer said:
With that much ground exposed, and if you know the lake, then the opportunities must be great for eye-balling and detecting.

Makes me wonder...who "ownes" the bottom of a lake? Does lakeshore property extend to the water's edge, no matter where that is? Or is a water front lot sized in square footage like a regular land lot?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/texasparkswildlife/sets/72157627429641925/show/

Travis Lake (a reservoir) is owned and managed by LCRA (Lower Colorado River Authority)...

Best guess, all private property will have property line limits set at the high water line. This can be confirmed by the Records-Of-Survey, Subdivision Maps, or Plats on record at the County Surveyors office or the County Accessors office

Private property adjacent to the waters edge, most likely, have specified 'Conditions' applied to their property deeds or have encroachment permits issued by LCRA.

Spend a few hours researching and y'all will find a wealth of information.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats just CRAZY!! Its that dry here in Oklahoma too!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everytime I detect in a drawed down reservoir or a drought lowered lake, all I find is lead sinkers and fishin lures. Fine I can use them. I do know of a bay on Ft. Cobb Lake in OK where a skier allegedly lost a $10,000 diamond tennis bracelet that wasn't recovered. The best thing about lakes goin down due to drought, is that many Indian campsites are once again being exposed. Arrowhead hunters should be out there walkin the recedin shoreline.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a dectorist dream land. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread