Lake Worth and some strange sand

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The last couple of weeks, Lake Worth Pier, North side, has something funny going on with the sand. If you take the entrance right at the pier, north side, you will see metal detector go crazy. Almost like someone put iron shavings or some other sort of business in the sand. If anyone figures it out please let me know.

Right around the new year, I must have dug 100+ pennies, almost the same spot, north side of the pier, but down by the wet/water. Later I figured it was due to some latin religious offering or something for good luck. Now I am starting to wonder if someone is sabotaging.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is SoCal, I have seen kids throw handfulls of BBs or Pennies when they see someone detecting a beach.

Mike

golden_dust13

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
West Palm Beach FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey signal are you from around lake worth, I am also from that area. Are you or have u ever been interested in the Ashley gang and their so called hidden loots

OP
OP
signal

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Yeah I am from that area. I love reading on Ashley Gang history. I have been to Canal Point many times to detect.

golden_dust13

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
West Palm Beach FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found a little more info and a couple more possible locations of their hidden loot, I really wanna start searching but still in the new so not sure how to get started

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
The last couple of weeks, Lake Worth Pier, North side, has something funny going on with the sand. If you take the entrance right at the pier, north side, you will see metal detector go crazy. Almost like someone put iron shavings or some other sort of business in the sand. If anyone figures it out please let me know.
Electrical interference from Benny's

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
The Notorious Ashley Gang, by Hix Stuart, is a 1920s book about the infamous gang that terrorized South Florida in the early 20th century. A good read...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread