Lakeland, FL Newbe

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KS,

What kind of hunting are you interested in land, water, relic, coins? What is your detector?

I'm in Orlando, but I do hunt around the area, I love hunting beaches/water, but I also do hunt land as well. We might be able to work something out.

Because my job involves driving all over central florida using a GPS mapping system, I have spent the last 3 years tagging and marking on my laptop all the parks (no state parks) and interesting areas I have passed. I am sure I have probably close to a 150 city and county parks tagged alone........

I have several detectors for water and for land, so I could do either and both.............. If your into water, I also hunt the Gulf Coast Beaches and pass through Lakeland on my way to the Tampa Bay area beaches.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Gary, and welcome to TN. You will find lots of great information here so be sure to search through the threads. Go back into the history of the topics and you will be amazed at the amount of information available.

http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/digital/collections/FLAP/Helpdetail/Howto.htm

The above is a link to some aerial photography for the State of Florida. There are some neat photos from 1941 of the RockRidge area showing a few of the original settlements in the area. Nothing but swamp back then, and the occasional cracker house.

There are some great old places up there I would like to detect one day.

What kind of metal detector are you using?

73 de K1LCA

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Hi,

I live in Lakeland (if you don't mind detecting with the female persuasion). My brother just bought a new detector and I am interested in testing it out around here. Lakeland is a tough one as the best spots are either private property or paved over. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Give me a buzz sometime. I will be heading out to the Treasure Coast for a couple of weeks, but maybe after my sore muscles recover, we can plan a few weekend excursions around Polk.

itmaiden

KS4JI said:
I am new to the hobby of metal detecting and would like to start in the Lakeland/Polk County area. I need someone to show me the ropes. I am available throughout the week.....Thanks

alumaman

Greenie
Feb 20, 2009
is lake alfred still a local freshwater beach try there im in st.cloud i hit the lake front here

neo2868

Jun 25, 2006
Lakeland, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesero Tiger Shark
I live in Lakeland as well and I am also looking for places to hunt around here. I just got my scuba certifiction so that opens up more areas for me but now I need a partner for land and/or sea. I know of a few areas we could look, send me a PM and we will see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread