Lanceolate Point Found Yesterday

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
NICE! :hello2: :hello2: :thumbsup: Thank you for sharing your find and for keeping cool enough to get the 'in-situ' shot too, sometimes it does happen! Congrats! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: <2 thumbs up!>
:thumbsup:
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Thanks for the comments and responses, they're appreciated. You know it's easier said than done to get insitu pictures sometimes. It takes some restraint and patience to get out the camera and take a pic before instinctively reaching down to pick up what you're looking for. I've usually got my camera on me when hunting but even so I've missed alot of insitus because it's easy to forget in all the excitement. Or, when you think you've got another flake or broke that turns out to be something whole and you disturb the " insitu " before taking the picture. Too many times I've picked up pieces and 5 to 10 minutes later realise that I forgot to picture it. It's great to see them as they have laid for thousands of years and it's great to have a picture to relive the find for many years. Just my 2 cents and opinion on insitu pictures, thanks again.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I agree on how tough it is to remember to use that camera before picking it up, I have only done it once and almost grabbed the point before remembering I had the camera hanging on my neck. A great find amigo and thank you again for sharing. :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find first of all. That is right you guys all made me learn to take insitus fair is fair!! :laughing7:
I still flip things out sometimes and then see it whole. I have often thought of putting it back for the insitu but.... figured you guys and gals would bust me out on it :laughing7: You either got it or you don't.
Good job there Thirty7. Nice artifact and Insitu!!!!!! :tongue3:
TnMtns

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and love the pictures :thumbsup: I love reading and looking at these finds by all.
I have yet to find my first one. But I'm learning :read2:.
HH..Miner

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible artifact, Th3rty7! Love those insitus :thumbsup: . I'm still trying to teach my 7 year old to "wait" until I can get a picture before she picks one up. She just can't figure out how to restrain herself :D .

sandcreek~~

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
EastKyMiner said:
Nice find and love the pictures :thumbsup: I love reading and looking at these finds by all.
I have yet to find my first one. But I'm learning :read2:.
HH..Miner

Thanks Miner, good luck on your first one bud, you're in a great area to hunt for artifacts. Eroded areas on high spots above the flood plain along the rivers and creeks are great places to look.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
TnMountains said:
Nice find first of all. That is right you guys all made me learn to take insitus fair is fair!! :laughing7:
I still flip things out sometimes and then see it whole. I have often thought of putting it back for the insitu but.... figured you guys and gals would bust me out on it :laughing7: You either got it or you don't.
Good job there Thirty7. Nice artifact and Insitu!!!!!! :tongue3:
TnMtns

Appreciate the comments man, have a good one. Good luck on the river...Happy holiday.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
sandcreek4 said:
Incredible artifact, Th3rty7! Love those insitus :thumbsup: . I'm still trying to teach my 7 year old to "wait" until I can get a picture before she picks one up. She just can't figure out how to restrain herself :D .

sandcreek~~

Thanks alot sandcreek. That's cool your 7 year old is interested and goes hunting with you. I think the early instruction and experience is great, she'll be a pro in a short while. It's funny because when I'm hunting I sometimes can't restrain myself and often act like a 7 year old, lol, it's all good.

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one Th3rty 7. :icon_thumright:

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Funny about insitus, we found this forum about the time we got serious about hunting, so taking pics first seems to come natural. I just love hearing buckshot hollar insit!, 'cause I know he's found something.

Nice little blade th3rty7, glad you didn't pass it by a third time. I found one similar two years ago, but didn't really understand about flaking. (still don't :dontknow:) Thanks for posting it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread