Land Yachts Dock Here!

Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
-

OK - I have a tough enough time clicking into the 'Dream Car' thread.........first off - I wouldn't know which model car to pick. Secondly, even if I DID manage to flip a 15-sided coin, I dunno which pic I'd post to represent my choice!

You Muscle Heads can keep your Camaros, 'Stangs, GTO's, Challengers, etc.....

I'll take a Big Azz Land Yacht over your souped up tin can any day!!!!!!

I love ALL the big cars......But I have an acute weakness for the Chrysler Fuselage Era cars (1969-1973 Newport/New Yorker/Imperial LeBaron) - I get the chills just TYPING that!

I want that enormous displacement engine, plush bench seats like a couch, quiet-as-a-morgue interior, soak up the bumps like it was riding over marshmallow!
I don't care if I can't park it in today's parking lots. I don't care that it doesn't corner nimbly. Yeah - It drinks a small fortune in fuel.
BUT I WANT IT!

Look - I have TONS of pics of 1969-1973 Newports/New Yorkers/Imperial LeBarons...........I just randomly picked on from my Chrysler folder on the 'puter and slapped 'er here.

Who else out there yearns for the Land Yachts!

SHARE YOUR PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-

Attachments

• 1972 New Yorker Brougham.jpg
    1972 New Yorker Brougham.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 599
OP
OP
Gary in Pennsylvania
Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
-

Niiiiiiiiiiice! I tend to lean towards the old Chrysler products. I'm into the big cars - But I have a burning love for the 1962 Belvedere:

Attachments

• 1962 Plymouth Belvedere-01.jpg
    1962 Plymouth Belvedere-01.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 421
  • 1962 belvedere--04.jpg
    1962 belvedere--04.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 403
  • 1962 belvedere--05.jpg
    1962 belvedere--05.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,531
  • 1962 Plymouth Belvedere-03.jpg
    1962 Plymouth Belvedere-03.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 772

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would like to restore a 65 buick riveria,maybe when I get my Nova Convertible project done I will find one.

Nova Treasure

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
Funny thing about those Chargers. The faster you go the better they drive and the smaller they feel. I could easily drive mine with one hand on the highway and in parking lots it was surprisingly easy to park even backing up it wasn't that bad. Just a great car all around.

Now...I have owned some big vehicles and I have a definite soft spot for the large 4 doors. I had a low gloss black 73 Plymouth Fury I that was an ex moonshine runner and had doubled shocks in back and a motor that didn't have a top speed. Guy said it was a 318 but I'm sure it was something else. Built 340 maybe. It had a blackout switch that killed the brake lights. It had a large wooden plank inside the backseat when I got it. That was so when you loaded up the car with mason jars and jugs the back seat wouldn't sag or bulge. I had it up to 120 mph and it was still pulling for more. Floated like a breeze.

I bought a 61 Plymouth Savoy out of a junkyard and drove it home for $400. Changed the fluids and the plugs and rebuilt the brakes right in the scrap yard and it ran like a top with polyhead 318 in it. The most unique looking car I have ever owned.
1961Savoy1-1.jpg

I bought a 75 Cadillac Sedan De Ville for $400 and drove it daily for a while. White with a red interior. I found an Eldorado in a boneyard and used the trim off it to make mine super excellent.
I traded it for a Bloodhound puppy and $250.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few land yachts that I have a soft spot for, like the 69 and 70 Furys; especially in 70, two door, hide a way headlight GT trim. I would love to have a 70 300 Hurst as well. I don't care for 4 door anything though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread