Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can just imagine the look that was on the face of the engineer that approved that blast. "Срање!!, Срање!!" followed by "Oops".

Had a landslide like that happen a few years back and just over the hill from me, in Oso. It took lives.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can just imagine the look that was on the face of the engineer that approved that blast. "Срање!!, Срање!!" followed by "Oops".

Had a landslide like that happen a few years back and just over the hill from me, in Oso. It took lives.
Things like this have happened all to often.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If he didn't get caught up in that run away slide. He'd be dead.
Any details about the shot blast in general or where to look for the reports?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any details about the shot blast in general or where to look for the reports?
Not that I found right after I viewed it on LinkedIn. Saw it posted twice under two different people on LinkedIn. Now wouldn't that be interesting if you found out it was an AI generated spoof.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
When considering all the B.S. I've been seeing on the net / T.V./A.I. , ETC. I just can't believe ANYTHING anymore that I see / hear on T.V. or the radio !!!! Unless I listen to a person Infront of me ,I'll just take it as untrue or some kind of sick joke ! and this is especially true about any so called political representative that "we" have voted into office!:tongue3: :dontknow: I just can't believe anything anymore ! How would you respond to a "breaking news flash from a high ranking politician saying that we've( The U.S.A. ) been attacked or something on that order ? A.I. comes to mind sounding real as can be ! Would you believe it ?

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When considering all the B.S. I've been seeing on the net / T.V./A.I. , ETC. I just can't believe ANYTHING anymore that I see / hear on T.V. or the radio !!!! Unless I listen to a person Infront of me ,I'll just take it as untrue or some kind of sick joke ! and this is especially true about any so called political representative that "we" have voted into office!:tongue3: :dontknow: I just can't believe anything anymore ! How would you respond to a "breaking news flash from a high ranking politician saying that we've( The U.S.A. ) been attacked or something on that order ? A.I. comes to mind sounding real as can be ! Would you believe it ?
Best to check with 3 or more sources if you can on a given topic. This can cut through the "B.S.".

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's this write up regarding the details.
2 were injured

Thanks pepper. Good to hear there was no fatalities and only two injured by the wave generated. Hope they're injuries weren't to serious. I don't know if you ever saw this slope failure that took place in China last year. Many were killed in this incident.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got buried when I was young digging for bottles.
My brother and me dug at this site that was over the bank on a dirt road above a creek.
Over the summer we had escalated a tunnel probably 6' into the bank, it had 2 levels so we both could dig.
Car went down the road and it went black, the cave in/collapse of the bank.

I thought wow I can breath under ground, then realized I was in a crouched fetal position with head pressed down onto my chest. So I had the air pocket around me still.
I heard my brother struggling, and and then yelling my name-I replied-then I heard him scratching and digging.

Realizing it was getting really stuffy and hot I relaxed and tried to remain claim, but I can still to this day(50+yrs) remember the sound my heart beating in the ears.
He repeated his yelling my name-and I replied Ya! He was going for the sound of my voice.

Not sure on the length of time it took to uncover my head-though my brother hit the back of my head first, then pulling it back with my hair.

It's something one doesn't forget-and I can kind of relate to any report of folks being buried.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got buried when I was young digging for bottles.
My brother and me dug at this site that was over the bank on a dirt road above a creek.
Over the summer we had escalated a tunnel probably 6' into the bank, it had 2 levels so we both could dig.
Car went down the road and it went black, the cave in/collapse of the bank.

I thought wow I can breath under ground, then realized I was in a crouched fetal position with head pressed down onto my chest. So I had the air pocket around me still.
I heard my brother struggling, and and then yelling my name-I replied-then I heard him scratching and digging.

Realizing it was getting really stuffy and hot I relaxed and tried to remain claim, but I can still to this day(50+yrs) remember the sound my heart beating in the ears.
He repeated his yelling my name-and I replied Ya! He was going for the sound of my voice.

Not sure on the length of time it took to uncover my head-though my brother hit the back of my head first, then pulling it back with my hair.

It's something one doesn't forget-and I can kind of relate to any report of folks being buried.
I used to lay pipe, but we always pulled a box along as we progressed in deeper trenches. Many a pipe-layer had failed to consider the need for extra protection in laying pipe. When I worked in a underground hardrock mine, we did repairs of pretty sketchy ground. I recall one project where we were told to shotcrete the back first and it looked really bad. I was keeping an eye on the nozzle-man and the bad ground with a buzzer button in my hand to signal the shotcrete pump operator down below in a haulage drift who was not in our line of sight. It wasn't long that the impact of the shotcrete on that bad ground knocked down a cave in. Rocks hit the nozzle-man in the shin as he was scrabbling to get out of the way, I layed on the buzzer button to shut everything off. We notified management we ain't gonna do it. They came down and looked it all over and with some WTF's are you pusses concerned about. We then took a stance of fa-q then. This area we said needs to be formed up and pumped with concrete to secure it. Management then started making a bold stance against us and that's when we came back with a threat to walk and notify the union shop steward on shift, who will more than likely then notify MSHA. They shut up really quick after that and settled then to do it the way we insisted that would put things behind schedule, which management always strived to avoid.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread