LARGE CENT #7 in 3 days, Sweet detail on this one!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here i go again guys, ill try to keep the novel to a minimum this time:tongue3: Today i was supposed to catch up on some studying as my graduation date is nearing, buuuuuuuut it was too darn nice out and im suffering from LC fever lol. Hit the cornfield today and dug some more sweet buttons, and one large cent! an 1812! finally one with good detail that is easy to read. I took some advice and started gridding the heck out of the section i worked last night and dug everything. I only dug 2 cans and a few bits of lead along with 3 shotgun shells, an 1976 matchbox, and a few whatsits. I managed to keep my composure enough to snap some shots during the retrieval, That large cent almost got away from me. when my batteries start dying i lose some accuracy pinpointing, but i was persistent and said to myself "cmon gimme that beautiful green disK!" im really liking finding the wide variety of buttons ive been digging the past 3 days. Thanks for looking and HH button in ground.jpg LC in ground.jpg LC front.jpg LC back.jpg LC closeup front.jpg LC closeup back.jpg Total haul.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 9
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have officially reached your lifetime quota of LC's. You are no longer allowed to dig anymore.....at least until TNGUNS has caught up. It's a new law. Unconstitutional like the rest of them they are passing, but still a law. :notworthy:

Lol hate to disappoint but I only used my detector in coin mode there so far. Pretty sure once I dig everything my results will increase dramatically. Pretty sure I'm on a home site from the colonial pottery I've been finding along w all the red brick fragments

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow ,, very nice finds there .. but this brings up a question i have had forming in my mind over the last couple days and readign this made it finally pop...
i keep seeing these finds are in " fields "
are these random fields or are they ones known or thought to be a spot where some one lived or CW camp ?
because if i need to be in the fields im gonna quit begging people to search thier yards , because other then the 1 CW button all my son and i have been finding is wheat's and clad.
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think it's a home site. An old one at that. Along w the Lcs I found a ton of pottery fragments and chunks of red brick. My brother is treasurer of an organization that owns it and he's searched back to 1860s and no conformation of a home so I'm not sure. Someone threw the idea of a colonial horse racetrack at me. It can make sense. either way I ain't leaving there til my 350 doesn't make a single sound lol

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice they don't always come out the fields looking that good nice save.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice they don't always come out the fields looking that good nice save.
thanks! my other 6 are a bit crusty, one is as smooth as a disk, and one is a draped bust but still havent got a date off of it, i may try the olive oil trick because its definately my oldest and im dying to know what it is

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of large cents. Fertile ground. Get some more.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A beautiful 1812. Nice cleaning on that one too. Dry toothpicking?

Cheers,

Buck

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread