Large Cent reading

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Has anyone ever found a large cent with a BH? I was wondering how it read on the ID ( I have a 505) or the sound it made. I have some sights that are interesting but loaded with iron and canslaw. I know I should dig everything, but I have limited time most days so I do cherrypick. (I know, it is shameful to admit.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fathead

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
My husband got me the Cabela's Treasure Hunter BH for Christmas -I don't know what that is as a straight Bounty Hunter model- but I just found my first large cent last week.

It was only about 4" down when I found it. The first sounds/readings were $.25/$.50 then when I dug just an inch or so and scanned again it was getting strong on the $1.00 reading too - which I have never had happen before so I knew it was something good.

The site I go to has a lot of old nails scattered so I get constant iron readings. I just got started this season but I decided that for now I would only dig on a consistant high end of the scale reading.

I will probably go back and dig some of the strong iron sounds if I run out of other hits. Because some of the nails are pretty cool too.

Good luck!

OP
OP
fathead

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Thanks Bramblefind! That is what I needed to know. Isometimes ignore my overloaded (50 cent plus) signals in my canslaw spots, but now I will dig them. I also found a Sac dollar yesterday which read 50/100 so I will have to start digging all of the high tones. i wouldn't get too lazy about your low tones. I too am a beginner (got mine in Nov) but I did stumble across some gold rings that read as pulltab/nickle on my ID. I have just started to use my auto disc. which won't read iron and bottlecaps but does read nickles, zinc, copper, and silver. I know everyone says dig it all but I am in very trashy sites with limited time. Thanks for your help. I will dedicate my first Large Cent in your honor.

Fathead

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread