jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have made the First $4.00 Bid if I saw it back then ;)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like someone signed up just to bid & win

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
a 1 feedbacker one the lot,meaning probably a bogs account setup by the seller when the bidding didnt reach their expectations they simply bid the item themselves,claim that 1 feedbackers are not allowed to bid(as stated in the auction) and they are only out the listing fees.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Funny this is their other auction had 55,000 coins in it too. hmmmm

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A big banner at the top of the description of the auction says "Estimated value is $2.2 Million." My question is, Why would someone let it go for only $92,000 ? Am I missing something here ?

Huntin' 59er

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Huntin' 59er said:
A big banner at the top of the description of the auction says "Estimated value is $2.2 Million." My question is, Why would someone let it go for only $92,000 ? Am I missing something here ?

Huntin' 59er

Nope sounds like the normal very high end estimate.

One good thing perhaps. The person with one feedback that won. They definately got more money than me. But I hold back hope that for once it is someone grabbing up a great collection for themselves or children, grandchildren.

Either way I sure hope it doesn't turn into another one of these:

"Huge Estate Sale going away in lots. I don't really know a lot about coins, but I knew this was a great investment. These coins will be sold in lots that are mostly unsearched. I saw gold coins, Morgan Dollars...blah blah.

As I mentioned before I do not know a lot about the specifics of value of each coin, so this is not a lot that was cherry picked. You will have a great chance at great coins.

(Then the miraculously list off well known great coins. Must be from thin air since they don't know a lot about coin values. )

Each lot is sealed up and one or more lucky bidders will be getting one of these great coins. With the purchase of ### numbers we will throw in a gold coin, with the..."

You guys get the point. No way to know I guess if they got big bang for thier buck. AND YES I am JEALOUS LOL.

I am pretty happy with slowly getting a collection and building my daughter's college fund.

Next year I will start garage sale hunting and begin on my first ebay sales. Who knows I guess any of us have a chance of finding some good buys and slowly building up. Perhaps someday it could be any of us on the end of a huge estate sale. I just hope if one of us reach this ability, that we are honest enough to say "Yep I know what I got fully" You are going to get some really good coins but not key dates. However, if one of us feel like having a drawing for bidders, based on how many they buy is how many chances they get. And we show all the winners and some of the great coins they won.

That is exactly how I would do it if I it was me. I know that might cut down on profit, but I think peps would be happy with you being up front and saying that they would get some great coins, possible semi keys. And each sale will be an entry to win some of the more valuable coinage.

What ya guys think? Is that how you would do it?

Either way LoL I guess I semi-hijacked another post. Guess I just like talking to my huge TN family. Great link btw. That sure was a collection that any of us would love to have.

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread