Large diamond earring lost during football practice

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
This is why we don't wear huge diamond earrings to practice

By MJD

Miami Dolphins defensive end Kendall Langford(notes) is a little less shiny today than he was yesterday. He arrived at Tuesday's practice iced out with a 2.5-carat diamond hanging from his earlobe. He forgot to take it out before practice.

And Wednesday, his ears were sadly bare. After Langford and his teammates raked the grass and were on hands and knees looking for the earring, they gave up the search for a team meeting. Shortly after the grounds crew mowed the lawn and the diamond was nowhere to be found.

The defensive end would not disclose how much the diamond was worth. However, a local jewelry distributor told reporters that the diamond could be worth more than $50,000.

If I could call a quick time out here, I'm confused about one thing -- We're in Miami, and we can't locate an old man with a metal detector? Come on now. Put an ad in the local PennySaver, see if an old guy can help you, and if his trusty metal detector finds the diamond, then you buy him as many Grand Slam breakfasts as he wants for a month. Seems like this should be an easy fix.

The earring remains at large. Langford remains a little less icy.

Bill Parcells is going to have to have a long talk with his players about proper ridiculously sized earring care and maintenance.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...-t-wear-huge-diamond-earrings-?urn=nfl-266682

I'm sure someone will offer to help him find the earring but honestly I find his opinion of metal detectorists a bit condescending. The way I look at it, you don't talk down about the people you're looking to get some help from. :dontknow:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an expensive lesson.

I'm sure one of the grounds crew either has or knows someone who has a detector. It'll be found, whether it gets back to the rightful owner :dontknow:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lets see I need a vacation, Red and i can come over to look for it!!!! Just pay the air fare Hotel for three days!!!!

No problems on our side!!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Just think, he isn't the only one to have lost something of value on the training field. Just think of how many other training fields there are across the US, and how many of the players never report having lost there stuff. I sure do think it would be interesting to detect those pratice areas. Remember this isn't only referring to football. The biggest problem would be getting permission to detect!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread