large hole down to clay layer

golddust77

Jul 5, 2010
Southern Indiana
we found this hole and it had alot to offer. even after a few years ive noticed that i can still find gold in the same hol not as much i think the hole fell in on its self and had some around the sides but it was the deepest hole in the creek so far .as i siad the man in the pics is my late partener in the hunt for yellow stuff but ienjoy shareing pics and our story.ive been back to this creek many times and have never left without some shine the icon pic next to my name is all gold this spring from that spot i cant go as much as i want .still doing the 8-5 thing for a few more years .

Attachments

• Picture 152.jpg
    Picture 152.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 541
Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like heaven to me--beautiful forest--dredge--sun--man and oro puro--it just don't get much better--but ozs help too-John :headbang:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might offer a small tip to those that "coon",or long arm it.......check the bedrock with a mask or mag tube after you are done as people do not realize how much gold they miss as gold is very stubborn and will "LOCK",itself in cracks.It still amazes me to this day how begrudgingly gold goes up the nozzle.I have sniped many ounces going in after guys dredged :thumbsup:

OP
OP
golddust77

golddust77

Jul 5, 2010
Southern Indiana
actully that creek is in the gut of an old river this creek was man made water way some time in the 30s and it is right smack dab in the belly of a thousand year old river . here in ind. you dont see many large rocks in the streams where im at and ive pulled stones out of this spot as bigg as 2 basket balls witch to us is great its old river washed matterial with bed rock under some of it and clay under the other I never realized how you need to pay special attn. to the clay to bed rock areas i took a screwdrive rto the slabbes of bed rock and have since found bigger flakes and even a picker or two out of them the best gold ive found in size to date also ive picked out chunks of white quarts as big as my fists and save to hit with m. detec. just in case. thanks gold dust

Traveller

Sep 22, 2010
golddust77
Great pic! I have one question; where did you buy the cool gloves?? They look like just the thing for icy water.
Regards
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread