Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well me and Mirage discovered another pretty productive site...for newer silver, that is, but that's fine with me. We found this place last weekend and hunted a bit then and a bit this weekend also. On the first real hunt there, I took away four silver. I found my first 1916 merc (plain). It was very pleasureable hunting. I also got the gold Catholic medal thing...it looks like it might only be plated, but if so, it's a solid QUALITY plating. It's stamped what looks like "120-KGTF THEDA." There's also a cuff link in there of a guy sitting down with his dog with a rifle in his arms. A hunter undoubtedly. I eyeballed the nice rubber spider. ;D And then there's the sweet thimble. This is the biggest thimble I've seen. And it looks pretty old. There are some markings on it in old style writing that I can't decipher. Could be a date or some sort of maker's initials. I think. The last picture is part of the site. Anyway, these hunts have been pretty sweet. Hope yall are having some luck also and are enjoying the summer starting.

zB.jpg

zC.jpg

zD.jpg

zC-1.jpg

zB-1.jpg

zA.jpg

Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Beautiful site Nate and some really cool finds! Thanks for sharing your story and pictures!

HH,
Moon

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, what a haul!!! :o Who needs college when you're digging $ like that!
Some nice relics Nate. I like that hunter cuff link. :icon_thumleft:
Did the old guy find anything or does he just carry your equipment now? :tongue3:
-MM-

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moonshadow said:
Beautiful site Nate and some really cool finds! Thanks for sharing your story and pictures!
HH,
Moon

Thanks. Always a pleasure to share. :icon_sunny:

ModernMiner said:
Man, what a haul!!! :o Who needs college when you're digging $ like that!
Some nice relics Nate. I like that hunter cuff link. :icon_thumleft:
Did the old guy find anything or does he just carry your equipment now? :tongue3:
-MM-

Yea thanks it's always sweet to get all the other good stuff like the relics and clad in addition to the older coinage. Dad found one or two keepers but he's been bumming lately about his luck. I'm sure though that he's got his nice finds this year waiting for him yet.

Thanks guys. 8)

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gREAT SHOOTING!! AND THANKS FOR POSTING!! H.H. MAINERELIC.

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Nate,
You make us Ohioans proud. Great finds. You really found "A"lot..thats a pun..heh
SKD

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoreKneesDayton said:
Wow Nate,
You make us Ohioans proud. Great finds. You really found "A"lot..thats a pun..heh
SKD

lol thanks I try. If you can't bulk up on colonials, may as well take advantage of the silver in the area and whatever else you can manage.

Thanks you guys! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread