large smoky quartz crystals need help

slottechaj

Greenie
Oct 27, 2014
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Few Years ago I Was Hiking Along A Small Creek, several Feet Across. I Spotted What I Thought Was A Small Piece Of Glass. It Was A VeryNice Clear Quartz Crystal. I Never Gave It A Thought For Several Years. One Day I Was Up Hunting And Decided To Walk The Creek Up To The Woods. IWent To Where I Found The Crystal And Started searching Upstream. I Walked For Maybe A Hundred Yards Finding Nothing, Not Even Small chips Or Anything. At One Little Bend In The Creek I Found A Softball Sized Chunk Of Rock Crystal. Directly Across Maybe 5 Feet There Was A Larger More complete Dark Smoky Quartz Crystal. Over Several Years I Would Randomly Stop By And See If The Creek Had Uncovered Any New Crystals. I Even Helped The Creek Wash The Bank OutaA Little. I Have Found Quite A Few Large Nice Crystals. One Is 6X8x12 In weighs Over 15lbs Nice RootBeer Color.We Have Found Everything From Pea Sized To Large Crystals In All Shades Of Smoky And some Nearly Flawless On The Inside. My Wife And I Started Actively Digging Around Where I Found The First Nice Ones. It Is Hard ground For Digging But We Always Find Something. My Questions Are What are These Things Worth, Not That I Would Sell Them. Geologically They Are Just Randomly Laying In The Matrix Only A Few Are Actually Growing Off Rocks, Where Should We dig. And What Should I Look For, this Is not A Vein, There Are No vugs, Its Like They Washed Out Of Somewhere And Wound Up In This Small Creek. I Have A Lot More Questions But I Can't take Typing this Out On My phone anymore.Anything Helps Thanks Guys.

OP
OP
S

slottechaj

Greenie
Oct 27, 2014
Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20141027_205420_867.jpg IMG_20141027_210225.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20141027_205911.jpg
    IMG_20141027_205911.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 119

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
nice but I have no idea and your pictures do not really show the quality of the crystal, in a rock store who knows but is might be a good idea to post this over in Rocks/Gems ...

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several hundred dollars. :thumbsup: Even the big ones can bring over a couple $100 alone !! :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread