large stone

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
i have been de-trashing a site for over a year and my garretts keeps going off on all kinds off readings bouncing all over in one particulr spot idig down about 10 inches and about 10 " acroos and i keep hitting this large flat stone . does anyone think it,s the stone or something hidden under it . just need an opinion before i dig up a 4foot round boulder.

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Could be rebar in a septic tank lid. Could be something good under what is a big rock! I would dig it to be sure or it will haunt you wondering.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Heck, I'd dig it.. Wouldn't be the first time I dug up something that could be called s***! LOL.... :tard: Just be careful it's not a 'cap' over some dried up well, septic, etc. Plus if you dig more you'll be able to tell if it's concrete or natural. If it's a boulder and it's that big you'll end up having to dig under it at some point to figure out why your detector is going off..that's where it'll get interesting! Be careful and go slow!

S

stefen

The only thing worse than a 4 foot rock is a 5 footer ;D

However when you finally dig it out you will have a peace of mind.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The blisters will make you forget all about it :cussing:Good luck!

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dig it--we want to know

OP
OP
goldie1959

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
its not on my prop and i was getting real close to the foundation so i filled back in and im trying to get thru to the owner to get the go ahead even though i have permission to detect. sorry guys for not keeping up im trying to get my garden in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread