Las Vegas Trip

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Do yourself a favor. Do a little pawn shop hunting. If you go on the right day you can get a great metal detector in new condition at bargain prices. You need a little of the Vegas luck, but I know people who have bought spotless high dollar detector for 1/4 retail.

Treasure hunting is a better bet than Vegas. I am convinced every year treasure hunters go to Vegas to relax. Somewhere between the liquor and the video poker they find the need quick cash.Off to the pawn shops they go.

I understand there is placer deposits a few miles outside of Vegas. Don't know where or who owns it.

Ericwt

TOWcritter

Hey Jim. Just got back from Vegas last week. I went to a ghost town 30 miles from Vegas almost on the Colorado River. They have a mine tour AND the owner will let you detect around the property. They were real nice people. Here's the link..WWW.eldoradocanyonminetours.com. Check it out. Oh Yeah, You have to see the Venetian. Unbelievable. The local detector house is called Desert Outfitters. They have alot of neat stuff in there. Worth a look. Good Hunting.

OP
OP
J

Jim Cal

TOWcritter, Thanks for the information. I will follow up to see if I can arrange something. Jim Cal

TOWcritter

Have fun Jim. The mine area there is pretty much a scrap heap. There is old iron all over the place. The one good thing is that the desert is in Bloom because of all the rain. Real pretty. If you look in mugshots I posted a pic of me at the mine. Also I posted another in metal detecting.

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
I went to a mine off of rt15 south of vegas....Its was up a mountain off of one of the roads.Took my rent a car on the bumpy road and walked up a very hilly road and went into a large mine and really found nothing but a dime lol..Jt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread