LASER B1 Help

adammalta96

May 29, 2014
Malta
Detector(s) used
Laser B1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone, I'm new into the metal detecting hobby. I managed to purchase a B1 although I could really use some help in setting it up. I live near a beach so that were i'd be going the most, and mainly on dry sand. Could anyone one be able to help set up the thing, for more or less all metals. The problem I'm having is understanding those 2 switches as they are for different options on each switch, and i don't know how to select them.

Thanks in advance,
adammalta96

Laser_Ground_Bal.png

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the switch top left is for selecting the Ground Balance in either fixed at the top position, or to adjust the GB with the knob on the left.

The switch top right is for choosing the mode, All Metal in the center position, Disc at the bottom and to retune it at the top and it will drop down to center after retune. When in disc mode, lay a few coins and rings and pull tabs on clean ground with no metal signals and adjust the disc dial to see where each target drops out. If you disc out pull tabs you will most likely lose most gold rings. Hope I helped as I never heard of this detector before. Good Luck.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may be able to get a manual from Tesoro, directly. I checked the ones on their website, but didn't find it there. The name Laser was used for the European market I believe, and I don't know if there's an equivalent machine for the US market by a different name.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions