Laser Trident II SI update

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back I was having a problem with my Laser Trident. It would not discriminate out most tabs or zinc pennies. I called Tesoro and they told me to send it in (this was before the layoffs). They said my coil was out of tune and the board needed modifications to be calibrated. They changed a capacitor and added another one and then recalibrate the Trident with my retuned coil. I received it back very quickly. Now it works very well. I am still thinking of removing the one turn GB pot and replacing it with a 10 turn one. Does anyone know if the ten turn one will fit in the Vaquero housing in the original position?

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would lean towards no. When I added a 10 turn to my cubola it had to go where the pinpoint button was. The 10 turn pot has a "fat" back to it. With the battery case box is up at the top plus how it's thinner at the top and the board and wires in there, I don't think it'll fit. But you can try and see. But from what I remember it won't fit up at the top.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread