Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last 2 CW Hunts with Dman & Josh=1830 Liberty Cap Half Dime & Big Eagle "C"

We couldn't wait to get back to Morgan's CSA camp where I dug the A.V.C. button last week. We went hunting there last Friday and found 21 relics in 3 hours. Josh can only get away from his businesses for 3 hours at a time early in the day. He always tells us to stay and hunt longer but we never do. Even though we suggested to him that there would probably be relics in that field last year, we leave with him when he has to go. That's just common courtesy as we regard this location as HIS site.
Pic #1 are our finds from last Friday. Josh had the best find with a coat size Eagle "C" button with gold gilt on it and a Scovill backmark shown in pic #2. Dman had the only pointed bullet that day-a dropped early model .44 Colt pistol bullet. Pointed bullets are now getting scarce there and we are down to the little buck 'n balls used in the old .69 cal. Springfield smoothbore muskets. Josh dug a Burnside cartridge also.
Today, we returned and hunted another 3 hours. Pic # 3 are our 15 recoveries. I dug an 1830 Liberty Cap Half Dime which is the only silver coin we have recovered there to date as seen in the last pic. I'm sure some Confederate Soldier was dismayed to discover his little half dime had slipped through a slit in his trouser pocket. Josh dug a nice old period pocket knife with a wooden handle in fragile condition and the old harness buckle. Dman found the best CW relic today-a square brass buckle used in a 1851 Sword Belt Rig. I have never found one of those. We had a few flat buttons too.
Dman, Josh, and I wish you Happy Hunting from Tennessee, Quindy

Attachments

• 10-22-10 Hunt (640x480).jpg
    10-22-10 Hunt (640x480).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 803
  • Eagle C Button.jpg
    Eagle C Button.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 798
  • 10-27-10 Hunt (640x480).jpg
    10-27-10 Hunt (640x480).jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 789
  • 1830 Liberty Cap Half Dime (640x582).jpg
    1830 Liberty Cap Half Dime (640x582).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 791
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Re: Last 2 CW Hunts with Dman & Josh=1830 Liberty Cap Half Dime & Big Eagle "C"

nice hunt fellas.. I'd love to get a capped bust coin of any type :o How's Dman been? haven't heard from him in months, nice "C"

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice finds Quindy. We finally got some rain here in east Tennessee to help make the digging a little easier. You guys are tearing that camp up. I can't wait to see what is found next.

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From the land of the Bluenose.....man you bouyz did well. Nice scoff on the dime!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hunt Quin, it looks like you've got into a spot that's paying off for y'all. Congrats on the Capped and the Eagle "C" is a nice keeper too :wink: :icon_thumleft:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

"He always tells us to stay and hunt longer but we never do. Even though we suggested to him that there would probably be relics in that field last year, we leave with him when he has to go. That's just common courtesy as we regard this location as HIS site."

Well said Q. I know of some hunters at others sites not being as respectable as you & Dman and letting greed ruin some great friendships. Pity. :violent1:

Excellent hunts guys. I knew you three would come back with the goodies.
Great button & silver recovery. :hello2: :icon_thumleft:

-Doug-

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Excellent save Quindy and congrat's to Josh and Dman on some great find's!!.My buddy Ty alway's say's the same thing....."you can stay if you want",but I never do because it's HIS site and I appreciate that for what it is.Great save's guy's :icon_thumright:

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other

Great hunt Quindy. Capped looks great, I'm still hunting for my first.
Good luck to you as well this hunting season.

Hill

M

MiniMe

Looks like a great haul for all :icon_thumleft: . Very nice Eagle "C". I'd love to see a better picture to show off that beautiful gilt. Congratulations on the Liberty Cap - very nice. Hope you all get a chance to get back out there real soon, I'm sure there's more history to be saved at that place :).

ModernMiner said:
I know of some hunters at others sites not being as respectable as you & Dman and letting greed ruin some great friendships. Pity. :violent1:

-Doug-
Doug, I'd appreciate a heads up on who those hunters are, since I've just gotten permission to a great site and have thought about inviting a couple people to go with me, but I don't want to invite someone that would do that to me >:( . Shoot me a pm if you don't mind. Thanks :)

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice Capped BUST! What a beautiful coin.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Nice Quindy!

Those are some great finds.

"That's just common courtesy as we regard this location as HIS site."

This is why I respect you buddy :)

Take care

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks Jeff, Randy, Leslie, Josh, Doug (MM), Joe, H.B., Mini, and Sniffy. I appreciate your support on Tnet and will continue to support you. Dman is alive, well, and into full hunting mode Jeff.
Mini, these "Site Stealers" are low lifes in my opinion and they even have the audacity to BRING others back to hunt with them at someone elses new site acting like "they" were the first to find a site and "they" are big historians and relic guides. Pre discovered sites that have been hunted by many others for years are free territory in my opinion. However, new sites should be sacred between friends. Dman I have been victims of this before. Believe me, it will never happen again. Be VERY secretive about you site. Don't even tell Joe-LOL. HH, Quindy.

M

MiniMe

LOL - Thanks Qunidy, but I know I can trust him on that one...lol. Thanks for the advice though and I will keep an eye out for the type of Hunters you're talking about. HH :)

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sweet capped and CW button!!! MR TUFF

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

VOL1266-X said:
Thanks Jeff, Randy, Leslie, Josh, Doug (MM), Joe, H.B., Mini, and Sniffy. I appreciate your support on Tnet and will continue to support you. Dman is alive, well, and into full hunting mode Jeff.
Mini, these "Site Stealers" are low lifes in my opinion and they even have the audacity to BRING others back to hunt with them at someone elses new site acting like "they" were the first to find a site and "they" are big historians and relic guides. Pre discovered sites that have been hunted by many others for years are free territory in my opinion. However, new sites should be sacred between friends. Dman I have been victims of this before. Believe me, it will never happen again. Be VERY secretive about you site. Don't even tell Joe-LOL. HH, Quindy.

Amen brother on the thiefs. Seems some will do anything for the next find. People research the sites and send out the hounds to clean them out no matter what property they trespass on.
By the way fantastic finds. Nice button and silver !!! Good luck and happy hunting !
TnMtns

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

That was a fun hunt. I can't wait to get back there next week with you and Josh.

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oh the capped! I finally found one late last year, on my list forever. Congratulations, nice post and pics...thanks!

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

VOL1266-X said:

I hear you Quindy. I love to hunt with other people but one of the things that really irks me is when you take them to a site that you have researched, even if it is a park, and they go back with somebody else and don't even give you the courtesy to call you as well.

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

great hunting guys.glad you all got to go. you are finding some good things.Quindy i have been told the southern boys used half dimes to keep thier powder dry on the flintlock rifles. you my want to check this out more.happy hunting ...Rebelrouser

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

VOL1266-X said:
If you are not asked to go hunting again, then it might be you.
If someone no longer shares hunting info with you then it might be you.
If the telephone calls are only from you and not vice-versa, then it might be you.
Sometimes when you have to ask who it is that is going behind someone's back and hunting and no one tells you then it might be you.
I am not accusing anyone. This is just a statement in general.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread