Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going to have an angioplasty in the morning and will be laid up for a few days. Nothing serious, just outpatient stuff in today's day and age. But I won't be able to detect for 3 or 4 days so I made a quick dash to my favorite "hunted out" park. Always seem to find something interesting here even though it's been combed over hundreds of times. Took my GTI 2500 down to an area where they take wedding pictures when the flowers are in bloom and got a surprise with this '41 Merc. Also found quite a bit of clad, but I think you know what that looks like. M :thumbsup: nty

Attachments

• DSC01180.JPG
    DSC01180.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 698
  • DSC01181.JPG
    DSC01181.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 701
Upvote 0

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty, you take care of yourself and listen DO what the nurses say. . . I want to see you at CTH-II :)

Oh, neat Merc!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
great job on the merc jim. best of luck with the procedure tomorrow. let us know how you make out. :wink:

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you hit the merc b4 you have to take a few days off. Wish you the best tomorrow my friend. I will be going in for a similar procedure tomorrow...Oh what fun..I wasn't able to get out and do any hunting before I got my news..He even was kind enough to give me an excuse from work which stated....NO WORK..until further notice..lol Didn't really like it much when he asked me when I had my heart attack though.. So, at least we will be able to see what the other folks are finding while we are off our feet. Take care and again..loved the Merc.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job jim!! Good luck tommorrow buddy.

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet they find mercs lodged in your arteries...or am I thinking to recent, maybe seated dimes, you old coot?

:-)

Best of luck bro, hope you get swingin' again soon.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Burns, I wish you the best for tomorrow. Get well soon and post some of those finds.

Nice Merc.

I don't think anything can beat the GTI 2500. That was my first machine. I sold it so I could buy another brand just to try it out. I've tried several and only cried to get another GTI. I bought one last night. Should be here soon.

Take care.

HH

JP

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the good wishes, I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. SCHunter good luck to you today....it's 3:00AM (I have pre-op jitters, can't sleep)! This is my fifth angiogram and the doctor says he thinks he will have to put in another stent that will make me having three! Bad Genes he says since every male member of my family in the past two generations has died of heart disease. I have been exercising and eating right and my cholestrol level is really low, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. This procedure is an outpatient thing now and I can remember when it was a two day hospital stay. I'm not sure if the medicine has got better or the insurance companies just want you kicked out sooner? Either way I go in at 6:00 this morning and should be home by noon if everything goes right. And of course they have to warn me of all the horrible consequences that can arise from this procedure if everything doesn't go right. So far so good though. I wonder how repeats affect the odds? My greatest fear is infection. It is becoming too darn common and I had staph once after surgery and it nearly did me in! In case anyone wants to know, they tap into an artery in your groin and thread a hollow wire up into your heart. Then the inject a die and see what it does on a floriscope type instrument. They can see any clogged artery and then run another wire up inside the first with a stent that looks like a ball point pen spring. They place the stent in the blockage and open it up, leaving the stent in place to prevent further clogging. It only takes about 20 minutes to do the whole thing and then they put a new type patch over the incision site and you have to stay two hours to make sure it doesn't open up and bleed. Then it's about 3 or 4 days not straining or lifting so as not to open up the incision site. You get a little sore but it's no more than a cut finger or something, just in a tender spot. So, that's the whole thing. Not near as neat as finding the Merc. But by me venting to you guys and gals it helps me feel better about it and get over my jitters. Thanks again!
M :thumbsup: nty

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Monty,
My prayers are with you. Good luck and I hope you are out swinging before you know it.
NJ

PS How is the Fisher 1280X treating you?

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You think they could install a bionic eye while they're at it? Maybe something with x-ray vision so you could see coins burried in the ground?

I know, insurance won't cover that either!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay...how are you doing?! Hate to hear you had to have that done, Jim. :-\ But hope it makes you feel much better! :thumbsup: Check in and let us know how you're doing!

And congrats on that purdy merc!

Nana :)

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
alright man, i just got home from work. howd you make out? hopefully everything is good. let us know when you feel up to it. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread