May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Totally run out of options now :( Spent 3 hours 45 minutes on a Grass Field which normally is grazed by cows. Didn't do very well & even broke the silver plated spoon by trying to straighten it, no great loss but sums up the day. Highlight was a Red Kite which flow over my head a few times, tried to get photo's but the camera is a bit poor for these longer distant shots.

Always worth a punt what ever the odds :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 850
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 842
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 837
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 835
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 825
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 822
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 813
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 826
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 811
Upvote 0

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a nice day to be out detecting and some nice finds also. Can't beat that!!

HH,Ringfinder

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello CRU .....
Why not detected on the margins of cereal fields (I think it is Due to the law of treasure ... but I'm not sure) :icon_scratch: this week start the hunting season in the bottom of the sea because I can not hunt in the field during the summer months ... it's very hot. I could not wait for winter crops.
Greetings! :headbang:

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
A good find in the sky, Cru, and not bad at all in the ground. I know it's difficult to satisfy the 'appetite' of a detectorist.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISPAN said:
Hello CRU .....
Why not detected on the margins of cereal fields (I think it is Due to the law of treasure ... but I'm not sure) :icon_scratch: this week start the hunting season in the bottom of the sea because I can not hunt in the field during the summer months ... it's very hot. I could not wait for winter crops.

I have already asked about the edge of the fields & its not permitted, I would need to apply to DEFRA to disturb the edges & I would need a very good reason, Metal Detecting would be a NO.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRUSADER said:
HISPAN said:
Hello CRU .....

I have already asked about the edge of the fields & its not permitted, I would need to apply to DEFRA to disturb the edges & I would need a very good reason, Metal Detecting would be a NO.

is the change currency of the law of the Treasure act ... ::) you are bound to be too legal ... I think detected at the edges of the fields in any way affect the crops. :icon_scratch: and you could find a bunch of good finds or at least go hunting ... I could not wait.
Greetings !!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISPAN said:
CRUSADER said:
HISPAN said:
Hello CRU .....

is the change currency of the law of the Treasure act ... ::) you are bound to be too legal ... I think detected at the edges of the fields in any way affect the crops. :icon_scratch: and you could find a bunch of good finds or at least go hunting ... I could not wait.
Greetings !!

Nothing to do with Treasure Act. This is wildlife preservation, protection of habit.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRUSADER said:
HISPAN said:
CRUSADER said:
HISPAN said:
Hello CRU .....

Greetings !!

Nothing to do with Treasure Act. This is wildlife preservation, protection of habit.

and wild animals avitan at the margins of cereal fields ?..... Here one can find some lizards and a few Ormiga .... and bees that can sting more ..... But wild animals do not disappear from the earth and the coins if. in about 30 years no longer a single coin. :dontknow:

greetings friend! :headbang:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISPAN said:
CRUSADER said:
HISPAN said:
CRUSADER said:
HISPAN said:
Hello CRU .....

Greetings !!

and wild animals avitan at the margins of cereal fields ?..... Here one can find some lizards and a few Ormiga .... and bees that can sting more ..... But wild animals do not disappear from the earth and the coins if. in about 30 years no longer a single coin. :dontknow:

I'll try and explain further. I can do the edges of fields where the crop has not grown. I can't do the margin strips which have been deliberately left to grass as a new Govt scheme. This scheme is not only to protect wildlife (ground nesting birds, meadow flowers etc) but to put a 'buffer zone' between the chemicals on the land & the ditches. It trys to prevent the nitrates getting into the ditches & water system - which damages the rivers & wildlife in the rivers.

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRUSADER said:
HISPAN said:
CRUSADER said:
HISPAN said:
CRUSADER said:
HISPAN said:
Hello CRU .....

Greetings !!

I'll try and explain further. I can do the edges of fields where the crop has not grown. I can't do the margin strips which have been deliberately left to grass as a new Govt scheme. This scheme is not only to protect wildlife (ground nesting birds, meadow flowers etc) but to put a 'buffer zone' between the chemicals on the land & the ditches. It trys to prevent the nitrates getting into the ditches & water system - which damages the rivers & wildlife in the rivers.

I understand ,,,, is right. :headbang:
Greetings!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions