New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been busy as a one armed paper hanger. Selling my house, buying a house, moving, painting, and everything else that goes along with it. Got married. So I had a break in the action and squeezed in couple hunts. One by myself for about an hour or two at one of my farm permissions that I'm still scouting for hot spots. I found a couple buckles there and garbage/trash. Yesterday I met Scrappy and triple555 and we hit a different farm permission where Carolinatom and smittyman killed it finding 5 coppers. I found a cut piece of a copper coin
Resized_20180311_115723.jpg Resized_20180311_115718.jpg

a barrel tap? I think?

Resized_20180312_145715.jpg Resized_20180312_145711.jpg

button, lead bag seal, and a musket ball

Resized_20180311_164428.jpg Resized_20180312_145651.jpg Resized_20180311_164435.jpg

Scrappy found some buttons and Triple555 found a V nic and a musket ball.

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Upvote 19

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes off a barrel tap.

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Congratulations on your recent marriage ! I guess after you get settled in your new house you will be in the market for another metal detector ? You folks can cover some ground now. Does she like to fish ? It is really nice when married people do activities together. Best of Luck to you both !

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats all around my friend. Happy that you found that special someone to spend the rest of your life with. Also nice to see you get out for a hunt with the boys. Looks like a very promising spot. Nice barrel tap. Warms my heart to hear that the boys kicked the crap of out of Scrappy Doo on that hunt lol. Doesn’t happen very often

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sounds like you have been busy enough, congrats on the marriage. I wish you the best. it is good to hear from you again and can't wait to see more finds by you. but are you sure that you want to be seen with those guys? :laughing7:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like you have been busy enough, congrats on the marriage. I wish you the best. it is good to hear from you again and can't wait to see more finds by you. but are you sure that you want to be seen with those guys? :laughing7:

Well said. Treb didn’t your new wife tell you “you’re only as good as the company you keep”? You’re setting the bar pretty low brother lol

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You did well, congratulations! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great group of finds. Hunting with friends is almost always better. HH
Thanks buddy

yes off a barrel tap.
Thank you Cru, I wish it was a roman coin,lol (someday I'll make it across the pond)

Congratulations on your recent marriage ! I guess after you get settled in your new house you will be in the market for another metal detector ? You folks can cover some ground now. Does she like to fish ? It is really nice when married people do activities together. Best of Luck to you both !
Thank you, no I'll stick with my XP Deus and Excalibur II I can put that money to use traveling to find treasure. She does not like digging, likes to hang out at the lake while I'm hunting in the water. She does occasionally like to fish with me.

Congrats all around my friend. Happy that you found that special someone to spend the rest of your life with. Also nice to see you get out for a hunt with the boys. Looks like a very promising spot. Nice barrel tap. Warms my heart to hear that the boys kicked the crap of out of Scrappy Doo on that hunt lol. Doesn’t happen very often

Well said. Treb didn’t your new wife tell you “you’re only as good as the company you keep”? You’re setting the bar pretty low brother lol
Haaaaaaaaa, you and Loot are funny guys, Scrappy was not down the day Carolina Tom kicked ass. Scrappy is one with the detector, hard to beat (unless your coil gets over it first) I might be up in Princeton this Wed with her. Her job has her maybe at a workshop that day, last time I went up scored a permission with a farmer. Give me a text if you can hook me up on that permission in Princeton you had?
Thanks from both you Abe and Dirtlooter!

You did well, congratulations! :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Doc!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Brad, I still maintain the best part of the hunt was the big ol’ Brad hug! Hahaaaa!

Great finds again buddy, and thanks for the opportunity. Like I mentioned already, that well centered in the field is where someone is going to dig a 17th century hammered silver. Those glazed brick pieces I found are very, very old, and the reason why I spent the whole time gridding that one area;) wait for the next deep plow and aim for that area.

Here’s my finds for the day.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520899362.078033.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520899396.661849.jpg
Three different varieties of shoe buckle frags

Buttons and such ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520899435.001700.jpg

And I found three piece of pewter utensils. Certainly old but they’re still in my pouch, in my truck, in the body shop;) hahaha

Thanks again and see you soon bud. I had a great time digging with you and Steve. Good times and good friends

Last edited:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

I’m all fairness I forgot to turn on my detector [emoji90]

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off Congrats Brad!! Then super happy to see you out and about hunting! I love the Barrel tap :)

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly looks like a promising location!! Good luck!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new house, congrats on getting married, congrats on getting permission from the bride to go out and play with the boys.
Congrats on your finds.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad, I still maintain the best part of the hunt was the big ol’ Brad hug! Hahaaaa!

Great finds again buddy, and thanks for the opportunity. Like I mentioned already, that well centered in the field is where someone is going to dig a 17th century hammered silver. Those glazed brick pieces I found are very, very old, and the reason why I spent the whole time gridding that one area;) wait for the next deep plow and aim for that area.

Here’s my finds for the day.

View attachment 1563471

View attachment 1563472
Three different varieties of shoe buckle frags

Buttons and such View attachment 1563473

And I found three piece of pewter utensils. Certainly old but they’re still in my pouch, in my truck, in the body shop;) hahaha

Thanks again and see you soon bud. I had a great time digging with you and Steve. Good times and good friends
So many fields, so little time. I look forward to hunting in the water with you. Think of a spot we can use my boat and go there this summer. I'm going to go talk with that farmer about when they will do a deep turnover plow. Most of my farms they only till them they don't plow for years? I always enjoy our hunts, I wish Abe had time to come down and hunt like a gentleman and not like a daredevil caveman. If he is not at least falling off of cliffs or getting stung by bees to send him in anaphylaxic shock.

I’m all fairness I forgot to turn on my detector [emoji90]

First off Congrats Brad!! Then super happy to see you out and about hunting! I love the Barrel tap :)
Thanks Ken

Certainly looks like a promising location!! Good luck!
Thank you

Congrats on the new house, congrats on getting married, congrats on getting permission from the bride to go out and play with the boys.
Congrats on your finds.
Thank you brother, hop on that skooter of yours and come down Monday the 26, never know what might come out of one of those fields?

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Congrats on some nice finds:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread