C & W Minerals

Greenie
Aug 22, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer, Le Trap
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's the haul over the last couple weekends. Good stuff, been digging in the spot over the last couple years. Great areas all around Pike's Peak and only 30 mins from my house. IMG_0171.JPG

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice smokies. Pikes peak and its environs are a great place for them as well as amazonite, fluorite, topaz and even fossils. Did a fair amount of collecting around there as a kid :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

C & W Minerals

Greenie
Aug 22, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer, Le Trap
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice smokies. Pikes peak and its environs are a great place for them as well as amazonite, fluorite, topaz and even fossils. Did a fair amount of collecting around there as a kid :)
Hey DDancer, spending some great qualiy time with my 5 year old up there. He's an animal in the mountains, gives me a run for my money when hiking around. Still searching for that gemmy fluorite cube to add to my collection. Any suggestions or locales you can provide?

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can try going out towards Florissant, might have spelt that wrong, behind Pikes Peak and a little north of there. If the Roaming Rams rock club still exists in Commerce City try contacting them about club claims back there. Otherwise look for rotted quartz as you dig for an indicator that fluorite may be present. I'm sure there are a few rock clubs in the CO Springs area as well. Kids are like chip munks in the hills ;)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread