Last day at the jobsite.....1907 Indian.....Better pics.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we just wrapped up the job at the house where I found the 100$ in the chimney. Last step was taking out the old servants stairway in the back. I got started with the newel post on the bottom, took a good bit of prying since those old square nails don't give up without a fight, AND my friend wanted to save the stairs intact for his house. Well after about 5 minutes carefully prying it loose it finally popped, and laying in a neat square of dust where the inside of the hollow post had been, I spied a coin. When I picked it up, I couldn't believe it, a 1907 Indian. It was lying face up, and the face has some oxidation, but all the detail is as crisp as new, the back still has original shine on it. It left a neat circle in the dust where it had been.......I have to imagine the carpenter put it there, since there is no possible way it slipped in under the trim. This coin could be a year old looking at it.

These pics don't do it any justice at all, I really need to invest in a new scanner. Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!

Attachments

• indian1.JPG
    indian1.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 698
  • indian2.JPG
    indian2.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 703
Upvote 0

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
NOLA_Ken said:
Cal_Cobra said:
Great story and a beautiful coin :thumbsup:

What's the best thing you've found in a home?

HH,
Brian

Brian, It's hard to say really, I mean how do you define "best" in this case? I've had a coin collection come raining out of the ceiling at me: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,379197.msg2694041.html#msg2694041

I've found single coins, old cans and bottles, antique guns and knives, photos.....etc......

I'd have to say my favorite was an old Webley .45 Automatic Revolver. It was really neat, I wish I still had it, but medical bills took precedence over neat stuff at one point. The most valuable coin was probably the gold dollar in my avatar pic.

That coin collection is simply amazing :headbang:

I guess the stories of people hiding valuables in their house are really true, that's incredible :icon_thumright:

Thanks for sharing,
Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread