Last Few Hunts: Bottle Digging and Detecting

dapperandy

Jul 3, 2011
La Crosse, WI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not pictured are a 1941 wheatie! And my buddy found a 1941 merc while digging in the bottle dump as well as some bottles not pictured. Clad also not pictured.:laughing7::laughing7: The mason is a stock photo as I forgot to get a pic of the actual one as I left it at my parent's house.

The bottle dump is not super old, an older one close to it has been dug decently. Here are two of the better bottles plus a few other detecting finds of mine. The porcelain dog was found by my buddy in the dump. Very happy about the milk bottle.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love finding old dumps. You said it was not that old. Are you very deep into it yet? Sure hope it goes down a ways. Great milk bottle and the mason looks in great shape. Got pictures of the bottom and top of the rim? You did really good. Thank you for sharing.

OP
OP
D

dapperandy

Jul 3, 2011
La Crosse, WI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love finding old dumps. You said it was not that old. Are you very deep into it yet? Sure hope it goes down a ways. Great milk bottle and the mason looks in great shape. Got pictures of the bottom and top of the rim? You did really good. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks man, the mason is actually a stock photo I had saved to show someone (the rest are the real ones, the actual one is on display at my parents as I didn't get a pic yet. I'll post pics of the actual one. We need to get better shovels to get deeper. Near the older dump there are so many shards of super old bottles but we don't know how deep the previous peeps got. Thanks for the reply.:occasion14:

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ANDY COOL OLE TRUCK TOY AND THE GLASS PINT AND THE POOCH AND, AND , EVERYTHING.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread