Last few outings produce ton of clad, re-pro C.S.A belt buckle and Sweet SILVER.

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried out a few new spots the past 2 weeks and this morning and had some sweet success, word to the wise if your buddy gets a signal and doesn't dig it due to close proximity to an "assumed" buried object DIG IT!! Found a beautiful old silver ring weighing in at 5grams!! :headbang:Absolute beauty!! I dug a weird signal comming through and found what looks to be an extremely old pencil charpner made of god knows what it's almost like a stone any info would be good. Found a ton of clad in total 125 pennies, 21 Wheats!, 16 quarters, 42 dimes, 16 nickels, 2 Canadian pennies, it kicked my ass to dig them all too haha! Also hit up an old farm homestead and had an absolute heart stopper dig, came up brass on the meter, dug an absolutely gorgeous Confederate Belt Buckle, I almost died! It seemed out of place given the area I was hunting, Unfortunately my research told me the area was used twice as a civil war reenactment site years ago:BangHead:. Oh well someday....still an awesome piece for the collection. Found another beautiful 4gram silver "Leo" silver charm, nothing like silver bells around the holidays!! Enjoy! Happy Holidays! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 2

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still amazes me how re-enactors still lose their buckles and buttons. I have read where this has happened from time-to-time. I wonder if they buried them on purpose sometimes!

I wonder what the badge is. Is it silver?

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a repro belt plate.... man, that's just wrong

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that pic of the confederate buckle. Can't imagine what you went though seeing that pop out of the ground in person, then to just find out it was a repro, shame, but one day it won't be. Nice other finds anyway! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread